White Spots on Fish

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: White Spots on Fish

Unread post by Ansh681 »

I've got a 200w heater with thermostat and added meth to the tank at this very moment..... at 30C
Planning to do 30% WC and will add anti chlorine, meth , sendha salt once again...... in morning.....

Anything else which should be done ?

Regards
Himanshu
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Himanshu when you do water change make sure that the temperature of the water to be changed with should be of the same temperature in your tank.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ansh681 »

How should I do that ? Should I add water from my geyser which around the same temp ?

Regards
Himanshu
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Yes you can do so by mixing water form your geyser.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

rahul_sood wrote: i heard the same that instead of buying one 300watt heater buy two 150 watt because it consume the less electricity..rajeev sir plz tell how it works??
Rahul, its recommended because using two heater at distant corners will ensure better and even transmission of heat throughout the aquarium, though i don't think it'll make considerable difference in electricity consumption. moreover multiple heater will also ensure that even if one of them fail to work/ breakdown still the rest of them will still be able to reduce the temp. fluctuation to the minimum.
Sushant
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

rahul_sood wrote:Use 2 heaters of 150 watt each with thermostat. If you want to save some money, buy one ordinary and another with thermostat. Ordinary will be always on while another one will be off automatically when it touch the desired temperature.

i heard the same that instead of buying one 300watt heater buy two 150 watt because it consume the less electricity..rajeev sir plz tell how it works??[/quote]

As far as I know it doesn't consume less heat, but acts as a backup of eachother. If one fails the other one will still keep the tank stable instead of plunging the temp. Rajiv I would disagree about the usage of a local one without thermostat, if the other one goes of and the owner doesn't look up the temp it may boil the tank. For me the heaters have to be the best. Eihem Jager, Rena.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

pangasius are notoriuos during winter for white spot, expecially when are new to the tank.

i always try to keep away from them during winter, as even though u acclimatise them when u get them, one large water change and they have ich, and this they pass it onto others, and if u have a slightly overcrowded tank, controlling stress levels becomes much more difficult, which in turn makes ich thrive in ur tank and usually end up with a complete loss

the best thing i would say right now, reduce the number of fish in tank, use of salt and good clean water and a heater to reduce stress due to change in temps

the pangasius being a scale less fish will be the first one to go if proper steps not taken. keep a close watch, if the pangasius dies it will rot very fast and in turn poison the tank.
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by prajjwal »

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a dozen of Neon Tetra last Saturday. Today I saw that some of them are having small white spots on them. I am keeping them 1st time. Is it Ich/ICK? Shall I start treatment? I dont have any extra tank at the moment!!

Tank details -

Densely planted
NKP Dosing with Micro
Photo period - 8hrs
pH - 6.8
TDS - 80ppm
Temp - 26*C

Now, shall I rise temp? add malachite green (I have 4 Amano shrimps)? add common salt (will neon be able to tolerate? If yes then concentration of NaCl), Garlic soaked dry foods (is it helpful for freshwater fishes as well)?

Please suggest with your expert opinion

Regards,
Prajjwal Ghosh
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Can you post some images Prajjwal da?
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

prajjwal wrote:Hi Everyone,

I purchased a dozen of Neon Tetra last Saturday. Today I saw that some of them are having small white spots on them. I am keeping them 1st time. Is it Ich/ICK? Shall I start treatment? I dont have any extra tank at the moment!!

Tank details -

Densely planted
NKP Dosing with Micro
Photo period - 8hrs
pH - 6.8
TDS - 80ppm
Temp - 26*C

Now, shall I rise temp? add malachite green (I have 4 Amano shrimps)? add common salt (will neon be able to tolerate? If yes then concentration of NaCl), Garlic soaked dry foods (is it helpful for freshwater fishes as well)?

Please suggest with your expert opinion

Regards,
Prajjwal Ghosh
the easiest way would be shifting them to the hospital tank and then continuing the treatment.(since many things used during treatment doesn't do well with the planted aquarium),

garlic can be used as anthelmintic (expelling intestinal parasitic worms) but it doesn't have any relationship with fungal infection so in this case it won't be of much use.
Sushant