Oscar Not Eating.... Help..!!

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Oscar Not Eating.... Help..!!

Unread post by bhupeshkhanna »

Hello Everyone..!

I presently have a 80 gallons tank i.e. 300 liter (5 x 1.5 x 2 feet).. I have 2 Oscars, 5 Parrots, 4 Electric yellow chiclids, 1Pacu, 1 blue dolphin and 1 jewel chichlid and 4 tinfoil barbs..

Its being about 2 weeks, one of my Oscar is not eating.. He acts lethargic than the other Oscar, but still he swims...No fighting sings at all, No fin rot nothing on his body.. Still not eating.. Note: She swims when the light is off the moment i turn on the light she just sits under a plant and don't swim.

Out of the whole week, its just once she ate.. All other fishes are happy and active... its only with this Oscar.. I tried doing 50% water change, i do 15-20% weekly water change.. I siphon the gravels on every alternate water change, I wash the filter with tank water once a month (1 sponge at a time). I tried Methylene blue with a water change a week before..

Also i have installed the heater.. water temp is 30 degree c.

Note - I know tank is small for these many fishes but i have already ordered and am waiting for a 300 gallon tank.. till then i need to wait... No options..

Please advise what to do......

Thanks in advance...
Bhupesh
sushant

Re: Oscar Not Eating.... Help..!!

Unread post by sushant »

bhupeshkhanna wrote:Hello Everyone..!

I presently have a 80 gallons tank i.e. 300 liter (5 x 1.5 x 2 feet).. I have 2 Oscars, 5 Parrots, 4 Electric yellow chiclids, 1Pacu, 1 blue dolphin and 1 jewel chichlid and 4 tinfoil barbs..

Its being about 2 weeks, one of my Oscar is not eating.. He acts lethargic than the other Oscar, but still he swims...No fighting sings at all, No fin rot nothing on his body.. Still not eating.. Note: She swims when the light is off the moment i turn on the light she just sits under a plant and don't swim.

Out of the whole week, its just once she ate.. All other fishes are happy and active... its only with this Oscar.. I tried doing 50% water change, i do 15-20% weekly water change.. I siphon the gravels on every alternate water change, I wash the filter with tank water once a month (1 sponge at a time). I tried Methylene blue with a water change a week before..

Also i have installed the heater.. water temp is 30 degree c.

Note - I know tank is small for these many fishes but i have already ordered and am waiting for a 300 gallon tank.. till then i need to wait... No options..

Please advise what to do......

Thanks in advance...
Bhupesh
probably the fish is stressed out, did you try feeding her when the lights are OFF or the tank is dimly lit?
Sushant
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Yes i did, but no luck... Though she looks normal except eating food...
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Change the food. Check the presence of any parasites/wound on fish skin.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

@Scorpio - As i said i can see no parasites or Wounds on the fish skin at all.. she seems perfect except eating food..
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:Change the food.
you should give this a try
Sushant
jack

Unread post by jack »

Have you tried live food ?? Try dipping food in garlic oil .....

And bro i personally feel the tank is overstocked for this monsters so this might be indication of poor water, stress ....
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

1st and foremost thing -
Why are you doing so much water change??

2nd, I strongly feel its a case of internal parasite - try checking out its poop - is it in white color?
Better would be de-worm them as soon as possible..
bhupeshkhanna
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

@Abhishek - I am doing water changes because my tank is overstocked and i have to remove toxins from my tank by doing water changes. Yes, i did checked the poop and it not white in color..... But just out of concern how to de-worm, please advise???

@Jack, Sushant - I am sure it is stress, I did 50% water change on Saturday and my Oscar is eating now.. As stated earlier my Oscar ate once in last 2 weeks(He ate when i did the water change earlier and same thing now happened).. So it purely stress because of poor quality of water, though it looks clear.

Thanks
Bhupesh
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

bhupeshkhanna wrote:@Abhishek - I am doing water changes because my tank is overstocked and i have to remove toxins from my tank by doing water changes. Yes, i did checked the poop and it not white in color..... But just out of concern how to de-worm, please advise???

@Jack, Sushant - I am sure it is stress, I did 50% water change on Saturday and my Oscar is eating now.. As stated earlier my Oscar ate once in last 2 weeks(He ate when i did the water change earlier and same thing now happened).. So it purely stress because of poor quality of water, though it looks clear.

Thanks
Bhupesh

large water changes at short interval also stress the fish.
Sushant