ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
sathya.gtm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: bangalore

ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby sathya.gtm » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi. I have had a discus tank for more than 6 months now. It is a 55 gallon tank , temp 30°. The fosh were growing beautifully. I bought 3 discus fishes from kolkata via train (to bangalore ) the seller - aquafrens guaranteed that they were well quarantined and healthy and I shouldn't worry. So I added them into the tank after quarantining them for just few hours. this was about a week back. the 2 nd day after I added them, I saw lot of white spots all over the new fish-definitely ich. I immediately quarantined them gave methylene blue treatment and now they look fine. Now when I just saw the main tank , LOT OF SMALL 1-2mm White cysts/eggs (?)ARE ATTACHED TO THE WALLS OF MY AQUARIUM. Should I be worried.?
sorry for the essay! :(

Please help.



sathya.gtm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:50 pm
Location: bangalore

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby sathya.gtm » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:26 pm

I am doing 70% water change in the main tank. Have taken out the filter medium into a water bucke, so that i can add them back later. ( although i know even they would be harbouring rhe ich).
Should i add methylene blue to the main tank and wait for one day?

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:23 pm

1. Increase temperature upto 32.
2. Bring Rez-Q 600 mg tablet (Quinine sulphate) from medical store.
3. Make powder of this tablet and release in tank.
4. Your tank is around 200 liter. Release around 3rd part of this powder in aquarium.
5. Change water next day.
6. Again release the same amount of powder in tank.
7. Repeat the process upto 18 days. The life cycle of ich protozoan is around 18 days.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm
Location: karol bagh dilly

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby vikas » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:18 am

SCORPIO wrote:1. Increase temperature upto 32.
2. Bring Rez-Q 600 mg tablet (Quinine sulphate) from medical store.
3. Make powder of this tablet and release in tank.
4. Your tank is around 200 liter. Release around 3rd part of this powder in aquarium.
5. Change water next day.
6. Again release the same amount of powder in tank.
7. Repeat the process upto 18 days. The life cycle of ich protozoan is around 18 days.

my tank size is around 12 gallons.. how much powder of this tablet should i put in the tank?? should i need to quarantine fishes with white dots?
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---


╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby SCORPIO » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

You need to keep infected fishes in another tank.

Make the 12 equal parts of tablet and mix one part as a single dose of the powder.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm
Location: karol bagh dilly

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby vikas » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 am

SCORPIO wrote:You need to keep infected fishes in another tank.

Make the 12 equal parts of tablet and mix one part as a single dose of the powder.

as of now no other tank.. then what should i do?
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---


╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby SCORPIO » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:28 am

vikas wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:You need to keep infected fishes in another tank.

Make the 12 equal parts of tablet and mix one part as a single dose of the powder.

as of now no other tank.. then what should i do?


You have to seperate them in another container otherwise all the fishes will be get infected. You can also start the remedy in present tank if you dont have spare tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm
Location: karol bagh dilly

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby vikas » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:41 pm

SCORPIO wrote:
vikas wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:You need to keep infected fishes in another tank.

Make the 12 equal parts of tablet and mix one part as a single dose of the powder.

as of now no other tank.. then what should i do?


You have to seperate them in another container otherwise all the fishes will be get infected. You can also start the remedy in present tank if you dont have spare tank.

any other tabs as it is not available here..
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---


╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby SCORPIO » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:48 pm

You can also use Metylene blue and tablets use in Malaria.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2887
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: ich infection in diacus tank. please help!

Unread postby sushant » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:46 pm

sathya.gtm wrote:Hi. I have had a discus tank for more than 6 months now. It is a 55 gallon tank , temp 30°. The fosh were growing beautifully. I bought 3 discus fishes from kolkata via train (to bangalore ) the seller - aquafrens guaranteed that they were well quarantined and healthy and I shouldn't worry. So I added them into the tank after quarantining them for just few hours. this was about a week back. the 2 nd day after I added them, I saw lot of white spots all over the new fish-definitely ich. I immediately quarantined them gave methylene blue treatment and now they look fine. Now when I just saw the main tank , LOT OF SMALL 1-2mm White cysts/eggs (?)ARE ATTACHED TO THE WALLS OF MY AQUARIUM. Should I be worried.?
sorry for the essay! :(

Please help.

Do you have nerite snail in the tank? white things can be their eggs.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk
Sushant