Diseases

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Diseases

Unread post by marsaiko »

Fishnovice wrote:Also, how can I ensure that there is enough oxygen when I raise the temp to 30 degrees? I did this once and lost my shark within a day.
Sharks take O2 directly from water surface, so dissolved oxygen shouldnt be issue, they died with some other reason.
Do you daily keep them at 30deg?
For more O2 use more surface agitation, top filter with dripping water helps.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

marsaiko wrote:
Fishnovice wrote:Also, how can I ensure that there is enough oxygen when I raise the temp to 30 degrees? I did this once and lost my shark within a day.
Sharks take O2 directly from water surface, so dissolved oxygen shouldnt be issue, they died with some other reason.
Do you daily keep them at 30deg?
For more O2 use more surface agitation, top filter with dripping water helps.
i agree with marsaiko , i keep my arrowana at 30 deg and never faced any O2 problem
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Fishnovice wrote:Hello. I live in NOIDA. Where can I buy 5percent aqueous solution of methylene blue? Is there a brand name by which it is sold?
Also, where can I get Dimilin?

Also, how can I ensure that there is enough oxygen when I raise the temp to 30 degrees? I did this once and lost my shark within a day.
Hi fishnovice nice to see you here .You can buy methyene blue by the name of ridall blue from fish shops.
and write more about your self in self introduction topic and you can join the meet on 4 th of dec in noida and you can meet new aquarists and clear your
doubts about fish keeping.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

aamir wrote:
Fishnovice wrote:Hello. I live in NOIDA. Where can I buy 5percent aqueous solution of methylene blue? Is there a brand name by which it is sold?
Also, where can I get Dimilin?

Also, how can I ensure that there is enough oxygen when I raise the temp to 30 degrees? I did this once and lost my shark within a day.
Hi fishnovice nice to see you here .You can buy methyene blue by the name of ridall blue from fish shops.
and write more about your self in self introduction topic and you can join the meet on 4 th of dec in noida and you can meet new aquarists and clear your
doubts about fish keeping.
Most of the aquarium stores selling methylene blue in Delhi after mixing water in the solution. So it is not so much effective. Join the meet on sunday I will bring some lab grade methylene blue.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Aqua Gardenz
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Aqua Gardenz »

I treat white spots by adding a heater to the tank.. The disease is caused by sudden decrease in water temperature.. this disease doesn't show up in larger cement {rearing} tanks.
Love,

Aqua Gardenz
dsouzanavin
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by dsouzanavin »

Hi All,
I have a Diamond Angel fish which had White spots. I have done the treatment as given and now I can not see the White spots, however it has lost a bit of it's skin on both sides. It has not eaten since last few days. I have kept it in a different tank and do a regular water change.

Please advice what do I do?

Thanks and Regards,

Navin
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

dsouzanavin wrote:Hi All,
I have a Diamond Angel fish which had White spots. I have done the treatment as given and now I can not see the White spots, however it has lost a bit of it's skin on both sides. It has not eaten since last few days. I have kept it in a different tank and do a regular water change.

Please advice what do I do?

Thanks and Regards,

Navin
Navin Ji, you are most welcome here. Please start a separate and new topic for your query with photograph of the fish. Please also introduce yourself in Self Introduction http://aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda