Diseases

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
aamir
Experts
Experts

Diseases

Unread post by aamir »

Ichthyophthirius (white spot)

Ichthyophthirius is the name of the parasitical organism responsible for this disease,which is easily recognised by a rash of white spot covering the body and fins.The spots are about the size of a pin head,and are caused by the parasite burrowing just below the skin and setting up an irritation.The first sign you may get of white spot is that your fish dart about among the plants or flick themselves against the rocks to ease the irritation,and the barometer of health,the fins,will be laid flat,not erect as with healthy fish.
If white spot is not cheacked at this stage,the spots multiply rapidly until they cover the whole body and fins in a film of fungus, which soon results in death.
The main cause of the trouble is a chill brought on by a sudden change in temperature.This change need not necessarily be of a low temperature,a suuden drop from 26celsius to 23celsius is quite sufficient.Yet another cause is the introduction into your tank of a new specimen which has the disease.
The first step in the cure is to raise the temperature to 30celsius and to keep it there for several days.
Another method is to use 2drops of 5percent aqueous solution of methylene blue per gallon of water in conjunction with a temperature of 30 celsius,but this stains the sand and is notgood for plants.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
aamir
Experts
Experts

Re: Diseases

Unread post by aamir »

Saprolegnia (Fungus)

Fungus is the white slimy coating that fish develpo following an attack of Ichthyophthirius,which has not been cured.It can also develop independently,but is rather rare in tropicals.Bruises,chilly,wrongful feeding,attacks by other fish,and dirty aquarium are all possible causes of fungus.
The fish should be put into a container of water devoid of vegetation,containing two level teaspoons of salt per gallon of water.Sea salt is better than common salt.If after 24 hours no improvement is seen,add two more teaspoons of salt,and,if by the thrird day no change is noticed,add another teaspoon.
When the fish is cured,do not it straight back into its normal tank without first adding fresh water gradually,over a period of two days,to lower the salt content.This ensures that it is not subjected to a drastic change of water which might have an adverse effect on a fish just recovering from an illness.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Aamir bro i think this topic name change to "Diseases and there Cures"..if you like it u can change it..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice Aamir, Add more about diseases.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

Nice topic, would love to see hexamita and its cure here.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Hexamite is also know as Hole in Head. This disease affects larger cichlids such as discus, oscar etc.
Sympots: Ulcerate (Known as Phoda in Hindi)appears on the head/lateral line. This disease is due to abnormalities in digestive system.

To get rid of Hexamite use Metrogyl tablet. Add 12-15 mg per liter in the aquarium in alternate days. Also change atleast 50% water in alternate days. Repeat the process 4-5 times.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maaz

Unread post by maaz »

Nice info rajive ji :)
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

nice information
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Abhi

Unread post by Abhi »

HITH and Hexamita are related but both are not the same as far as I know.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
Fishnovice
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Fishnovice »

Hello. I live in NOIDA. Where can I buy 5percent aqueous solution of methylene blue? Is there a brand name by which it is sold?
Also, where can I get Dimilin?

Also, how can I ensure that there is enough oxygen when I raise the temp to 30 degrees? I did this once and lost my shark within a day.