Decor your Tank

Forum for discuss on decorative materials used in freshwater aquariums.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Decor your Tank

Unread post by SCORPIO »

kumarnk wrote:Hi Rajiv
Me too not satisfied with this structure. But I have some limitations. Due to short space i placed my aquarium in my drying room and I can't use much water their. Secondly I have not enough time for lookafter my aquarium.
Narinder Ji, you should have to spare time for your pets.
parthapratim22 wrote:Very sorry, :twisted: when you are seeking for advice you cant say you dont have time to look after the tank...

Make up your mind to work on the maintenance of you tank, a simple tank hardly will take some 2-3hrs in whole week...but everyday you have to come in front of your tank and watch the fishes for anything unusual...I think thats all...Hope you understand and wont take my words in other way!! :D
100% agree with Partha. Daily 15 minutes and 1 hour once a week are enough to handle this type of small tank. Aquarium always gives us relax so I think there is no cost of 15 minutes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
nikhil_julka
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Wooden Air diffuser

Unread post by nikhil_julka »

Where can we buy wooden air diffusers from? Have tried fish aquarium home and lfs at saket, ghitorni, gurgaon. HAve not tried Dwarka Sea World yet....any clue guys?
"Facing truth is a momentary difficulty but lifetime easy to live with"

Nikhil Julka
M: +91 9711116308
http://www.whatslocaltoday.com
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Decor your Tank

Unread post by Kaushik »

Dear Abhi
First of thanks for starting this thread. In my opinion decorations can be categorized into the following sections
1 Background which includes styro foam,fibre glass or plastic sheets/ posters, stones like slate or ceramic tiles etc
2 Lighting self explanatory, CFL, T5 tube, LED, MH or anything
3 Mid ground which includes Stones of different shapes, sizes, Bog-woods, driftwoods, Fibreglass/ceramic/glass caves etc
4 Foreground anything which you want to highlight or which can match up your whole tank decorations
5 Substrate Ready made available soil, laterite, river soil, quartz tones etc.
6 Plants lIve plants or plastic fakes etc
Now its depends upon the persons which materials he prefers because creativity can not be fixed in a particular format. But I personally prefer the jugar and 100% desi methods
Thanking everyone
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam