Showcasing Hardscaping Steps

Forum for discuss on decorative materials used in freshwater aquariums.
parthapratim22

Re: Showcasing Hardscaping Steps

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Another Stepwise Design for 142cm
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

parthapratim22 wrote:Another Stepwise Design for 142cm
As he has proved not once by many times, that he is currently one of the best aquascaper from India, and also can put his footprint on the world arena.

Now can we find any flaw in the scape he had displaced as below!!Let me try to find few.

1.The main rock, which in this case is the focal point of this scape, had been placed almost at the center, which in this case makes the left and right side weaker.
2.The rock arrangement of the left and right side is almost identical,making it an mirror image.
3.The rocks that had been placed in the left and right side,if we draw an imaginary line through it, it would create a quadrilateral triangle,with the main rock in the center of the triangle. In that case thing could look better if one of the side rocks is arranged in a manner, either near the main rocks, and give supporting strength to the scape.
4.Since this scape is limited by the number's of rocks used, I would like the rocks arrangements more closer and the cluster should be forming a continuity in the rock arrangement. In this scape the rocks looks far off from each other.
5.Few small rocks can be placed in the FG area, just in front of the main rock, so that the emptiness is not felt.

Hope Partha would take my points in the right spirit, as he had done it always, and give his point of veiw, why the arrangement is made in this manner.
It would help people to understand his perspective, and learn few things better.

This healthy criticism, will help us all grow in the field of aquascaping. thnk
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
parthapratim22

Somen wrote:
parthapratim22 wrote:Another Stepwise Design for 142cm
As he has proved not once by many times, that he is currently one of the best aquascaper from India, and also can put his footprint on the world arena.

Now can we find any flaw in the scape he had displaced as below!!Let me try to find few.

1.The main rock, which in this case is the focal point of this scape, had been placed almost at the center, which in this case makes the left and right side weaker.
2.The rock arrangement of the left and right side is almost identical,making it an mirror image.
3.The rocks that had been placed in the left and right side,if we draw an imaginary line through it, it would create a quadrilateral triangle,with the main rock in the center of the triangle. In that case thing could look better if one of the side rocks is arranged in a manner, either near the main rocks, and give supporting strength to the scape.
4.Since this scape is limited by the number's of rocks used, I would like the rocks arrangements more closer and the cluster should be forming a continuity in the rock arrangement. In this scape the rocks looks far off from each other.
5.Few small rocks can be placed in the FG area, just in front of the main rock, so that the emptiness is not felt.

Hope Partha would take my points in the right spirit, as he had done it always, and give his point of veiw, why the arrangement is made in this manner.
It would help people to understand his perspective, and learn few things better.

This healthy criticism, will help us all grow in the field of aquascaping. thnk
1) Center Focus is also very common in many form of ART also in Aquascape. But we need to make it strong enough.
2) It looks identical in a quick look but if you properly examine left side formation is of a single rock right is of two, left is quite flat and right is a bit lifted.
3) Please a sketch and elaborate.
4) Please imagine the scape with plants, I dont think there is much gap.
5) Same as point 4

I would be very happy to explain 100 such point, anytime Dada.
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

Sorry to reply late.
First let me clear to the people around,that whatever sense of aquascaping I have developed, in the last
few years,due credit goes to Partha, as he had helped me to understand a lot of things related to it.
As again by putting my points forwards as I thought the way it should be, Partha had given
a substantial amount of explanation why things should be in such a manner.
Few things I have learned in the process,and few things I would certainly like to know more elaborately.
Any aquascaper who want's to know the art more thoroughly, should have the greed to ask question, and in the process should also try to put his point forward.This is the only way,which will help
him in developing his/her aquascaping skill, and I have done it with that pure intention.
I know that there can never be any fixed formula in Aquascaping and no binding rules.There are few basic rules
that people need to follow, but everyone has the liberty to mold the rules, as long as the things
are appealing, and does not pose an eyesore to the creation.
Anyway I would always look forward to Partha's guidance and advice when needed, and at the same
time being his disciple,would put my point of view, to learn more and more from this ART.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
mats
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by mats »

All said and done, the scrapes are beautiful.
Nice work Partha. Enjoyed watching them
Warm regards
parthapratim22

Thank you.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I am learning the process of arranging rocks in aquarium. My next scape will be full of rocks. Thanks for sharing these beautiful scapes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda