Suggestions needed for new Tank

Forum for discuss on decorative materials used in freshwater aquariums.
gaurav_thedevil
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Suggestions needed for new Tank

Unread post by gaurav_thedevil »

Hi All,

I've ordered a new tank 5 X 2 X 1.5 12mm Glass type, and also ordered same size cabinet (made of MDF). My vendor told me to put thermocol sheet of 1 inch between aquarium and surface of Cabinet. Please advice anything else that's usefull
Also suggest me for interiors, till now, I've finalized white sand (very small white granules to be more precise) and am looking for some good theme base, most likely Mysterious or Mayan, Old Temples type etc.

Right now I'm having one Tank 2.5 X 1.5 X 2 including Two Silver Tinfoil, Two Golden Severum, One Snowwhite, One Scat and One Banana, Two Turtles. Coloured stones at bottom, Sobo Filter, Water Heater and Air Pump (One Million Bubbles and One Rock Type Toy for air flow) and one Turtle Dock

(P.S. I have rejected pasting of film (scenery) on back of aquarium as there's white wall behind it, which I feel will give better effect)

Thanks
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions needed for new Tank

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Thermocol sheet will reduce any vibrations and keep safe the aquarium glass.

White sand will be a good choice.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

Heatlon is better than thermocol, it's available at the same cost but very long lasting and good asthetic looks. I am using it for my 4 ft.
Amit Naik
[background=][/background]
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

aawnaik wrote:Heatlon is better than thermocol, it's available at the same cost but very long lasting and good asthetic looks. I am using it for my 4 ft.
hello sir, what do we call it in local language and which shops have this thing?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

saikumar wrote:
aawnaik wrote:Heatlon is better than thermocol, it's available at the same cost but very long lasting and good asthetic looks. I am using it for my 4 ft.
hello sir, what do we call it in local language and which shops have this thing?
I am also interested. Can you show a picture of this product?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

I dint know the name in local language. Its basically used for thermal insulation in the Air-conditioning Ducts. In fact all ADA tanks comes with this.

The picture is attached and it would be available in AC repair shops or those who sale upholstery material. The advantage of using this is, it is very long lasting and hassle free unlike Thormocol which looses its shape by loosing granules.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amit Naik
[background=][/background]
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

aawnaik wrote:I dint know the name in local language. Its basically used for thermal insulation in the Air-conditioning Ducts. In fact all ADA tanks comes with this.

The picture is attached and it would be available in AC repair shops or those who sale upholstery material. The advantage of using this is, it is very long lasting and hassle free unlike Thormocol which looses its shape by loosing granules.
Yeah, It is available easily.