Moss Vs Delhi water:pH reducer?

Forum for discuss on various water parameters.
parthapratim22

Moss Vs Delhi water:pH reducer?

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

I am staying at Govindpuri. Is there any chance that my moss might be getting hampered with the water parameter.

because my xmass moss are showing some sign of weakness, like they are getting thinner, black-brown.

In hyderabad I have never worried about growing moss, but last day I saw this problem.

I was reading that moss can be kept in wide range of pH, I dont have any idea of water parameter in my area. Do I need to worry so much. I submerged my tank for two days then I taken out the water and again kept it in emersed as they were start floating. Now xmaas moss is kept under a thin layer of normal water.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Moss Vs Delhi water

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I have grown lots of moss in water of Delhi. Although water parameters in Delhi varies from one place to another.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Any chance of getting the water parameters?
parthapratim22

Ok, got some confidence!!!

Abhi, how??? dont say Aquagurd water testing :twisted:
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Municipal water in Delhi tends to be harder than water in Kolkata or Mumbai. I doubt Govindpuri gets municipal water, chances are that the water is ground water (from a bore well) , in which case it will be very hard.

I stay 5 mins away from Govind Puri , in CR Park , and I have NEVER been able to grow moss.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

until and unless we have any info abt the water parameters its really difficult to comment. in Delhi the major issue with mosses are high temperature.
Sushant
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Pratha U can use aquagard water if u passing form any metro station or railway station u will get it...keep your moss in two different places with different water it will be helpful if u like you can try it...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

parthapratim22 wrote:
Abhi, how??? dont say Aquagurd water testing :twisted:
Not a bad idea ask them what is your water quality present and how much aquaguard will improve later can say dont have money to purchase a new :LOL
parthapratim22

apuda2010 wrote:Municipal water in Delhi tends to be harder than water in Kolkata or Mumbai. I doubt Govindpuri gets municipal water, chances are that the water is ground water (from a bore well) , in which case it will be very hard.

I stay 5 mins away from Govind Puri , in CR Park , and I have NEVER been able to grow moss.
Now this is what, need to worry!!!

Now serious about the water issue, have to check some more days how moss responding in coming days!!! water bottle is the option, but again costly, aquagurd is bomb for me as of now.
Abhi

Unread post by Abhi »

parthapratim22 wrote:
apuda2010 wrote:Municipal water in Delhi tends to be harder than water in Kolkata or Mumbai. I doubt Govindpuri gets municipal water, chances are that the water is ground water (from a bore well) , in which case it will be very hard.

Now this is what, need to worry!!!

Now serious about the water issue, have to check some more days how moss responding in coming days!!! water bottle is the option, but again costly, aquagurd is bomb for me as of now.

In Delhi most areas water will be like that " Rajiv's house is an exception ", go for bottled water. If you plan a lot of water changes you can get local brands of bottles they are a lot cheaper than Bisleri.

I use 50% RO and 50% Bisleri as of now for my planted tank, rest are all on tap water and the plant growth varies a lot, apart from the water color :dua
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !