RO like water in summer?(for free)

Forum for discuss on various water parameters.
User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby saikumar » Sun May 05, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, RO is quite close to zero salts. How about distilled water? better than RO?

I am sure quite many must be cooking(oneself up)at home these weekends 666 , so am I, just omletting at 42deg down in Secunderabad.

ok, here is the deal, all during this summer over a 3month(?) period, how about we generate distill water using solar power?

YOU-aaah!! solar?? that costly royal thing.
me- wait moron, its not gonna cost you that money ~period~!

Check this out, if we can make something like this to get out pure water from our
(a)drained tank water
(b)or new water.


Answer- Solar Water Distiller

Link for a simpleton
http://benjimester.hubpages.com/hub/sol ... olar-still
For a double ton
http://www.sersc.org/journals/IJAST/vol29/7.pdf

For trial and success, try it for yourself, it doesnt cost to try.
http://www.instructables.com/id/portabl ... distiller/
For a hobby size deal
http://www.emergencyhomesteader.com/how ... ify-water/


You can have one on your apartment roof and drag down the pipe to your aquarium.
If you have an independant home, you could easily do a larger scale.



What you save?
Cost of maintaining an RO in summer
Elec.power spent on RO
If you dont have an RO- totally kEwl for summer
Compensate that power to maintain a chiller for you marine.



What benefit I get?
Satisfaction of directing someone, atleast one!!




Regards,
Boon of the tropics(it really is hot)!



User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun May 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I like the procedure. It will be very successful in Delhi/NCR area atleast 8 months of the year. But performing to much DIY is not possible for me.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm
Location: Sector-19, Faridabad, Haryana

Re: RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby Arjun Tandon » Sun May 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Wow!
I am saving this thread for my summer vacation projects!
Its interesting how this scorching and dehydrating heat of Sun can actually provide clean water for replenishing evaporated water in fish tanks...

jack
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2562
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Ahmedabad

Re: RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby jack » Mon May 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Fantastic share..... I am not really a diy person but surely worth a try :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D

User avatar
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:18 pm
Location: Noida/Nashik

Re: RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby Matrix » Mon May 06, 2013 3:57 pm

Great post. Definitely worth giving a try. But don't you think over a time algae may develop in the base water, it may require regular cleaning?
---
Amol

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby saikumar » Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Matrix wrote:Great post. Definitely worth giving a try. But don't you think over a time algae may develop in the base water, it may require regular cleaning?

possible, but how ll algae cause issue? I don't think they ll obstruct heat. It nearly means you are sepersting water from those salt impurities.

jack wrote:Fantastic share..... I am not really a diy person but surely worth a try :)

Talk to your architect today :)

Arjun Tandon wrote:Wow!
I am saving this thread for my summer vacation projects!
Its interesting how this scorching and dehydrating heat of Sun can actually provide clean water for replenishing evaporated water in fish tanks...
we are already half way thru summer, when wd you make it?

SCORPIO wrote:I like the procedure. It will be very successful in Delhi/NCR area atleast 8 months of the year. But performing to much DIY is not possible for me.

Talk to Aamir.


planning to make a simple proto this weekend. Just need some 10m tubing.

User avatar
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm
Location: Sector-19, Faridabad, Haryana

Re: RO like water in summer?(for free)

Unread postby Arjun Tandon » Mon May 06, 2013 9:45 pm

saikumar wrote:
Arjun Tandon wrote:Wow!
I am saving this thread for my summer vacation projects!
Its interesting how this scorching and dehydrating heat of Sun can actually provide clean water for replenishing evaporated water in fish tanks...
we are already half way thru summer, when wd you make it?

My summer vacations start from June. I'll have to wait till then.