Exact Role of N, P , K

Forum for discuss on various water parameters.
rajesh81281
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Exact Role of N, P , K

Unread post by rajesh81281 »

Hi Can any one help me to understand exact role of following and what will happen if there is deficiency or excess of each nutriant.
NO3
PO4
K
Ca
Mg

I am planning to maintain following PPM for my 50G tank using my DIY Fert. PLs let me know if this is sufficient. Any Extra care I have to Take?
No3 16
K 18
MG 2.6
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exact Role of N, P , K

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nitrogen: Plants does not absorb nitrogen in gaseous form. They consumes it in other forms like as ammonia, nitrite or nitrates. Plant uses ammonia to synthesis proteins. Most of the liquid fertilizers contain nitrates. It should under 25 mg/litre.

Phosphorus: Phosphorus is absorbed by the plants through roots. It is required by plants to transfer energy and root development and flower formation. If the level of phosphorus goes more than 0.03 mg/litre, algae bloom is the result.

Potassium: One of the most important nutrient for protein synthesis, seed development, disease resistance and photosynthesis. Potassium deficiency causes overall weakness in plants.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

SCORPIO wrote:Nitrogen: Plants does not absorb nitrogen in gaseous form. They consumes it in other forms like as ammonia, nitrite or nitrates. Plant uses ammonia to synthesis proteins. Most of the liquid fertilizers contain nitrates. It should under 25 mg/litre.

Phosphorus: Phosphorus is absorbed by the plants through roots. It is required by plants to transfer energy and root development and flower formation. If the level of phosphorus goes more than 0.03 mg/litre, algae bloom is the result.

Potassium: One of the most important nutrient for protein synthesis, seed development, disease resistance and photosynthesis. Potassium deficiency causes overall weakness in plants.
:1 getting Micro and macro nut in liquid form in seperate bottes .one macro and one
Micro.pls tell application process in detail.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Somen wrote:pls tell application process in detail.
Please clear your question.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
rajesh81281
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Water 600 ml + KNO3-100 gm , Dosing Sunday 20ml wed 10 ml
Water 600 ml + K2SO4- 60 gm , Dosing Sunday 30ml wed 30 ml
Water 600 ml + MGSO4-100 gm , Dosing Sunday 20ml wed 10 ml

Water 600 ml + CSMB-15gm, Dosing Sunday 15ml wed 15 ml

Please let me know if this is correct
rajesh81281
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

any inputs on my DIY? My tank is 50 G
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

buddy appreciate if you can tell how you came to these ratios? If you are using some EI or PMDD then you are fine to start.
Also you may be missing a water change in your routine. AFAIK micros and macros are not dosed on same day.
rajesh81281
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

I m trying to maintain 16PPm for NO3
18ppm for K and 2.6PPM for Mg
Water change once a week 60%