Borewell water for planted Tank?

Forum for discuss on various water parameters.
User avatar
parthapratim22
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am
Location: KOLKATA>HYDERABAD>DELHI

Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby parthapratim22 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Any bod using Borewell water for planted tank?
Can it be used in some proportion with RO?

Can be more specific for Delhi water condition.


Aquascaping Products and Designs viewforum.php?f=60
9599388127

User avatar
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members
Posts: 917
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 pm
Location: Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby Kaushik » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:02 am

I think it can be .. percentage I think 20-30 is sufficient if the pH does not cross more than 8.5 because borewell water contains MgSo4, CaCo2 some phosphate which is essential for plants growth. But the TDS should not go beyond 250 PPM and should be free from pathogens, hazard chemicals, pesticide, leaked sewage waters.. etc. If there is no chemical factories in a radius of 20 kilometers and more over if the water is arsenic free then it can be used. Otherwise to say a plain no is better. :)
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:19 pm

Kaushik wrote:I think it can be .. percentage I think 20-30 is sufficient if the pH does not cross more than 8.5 because borewell water contains MgSo4, CaCo2 some phosphate which is essential for plants growth. But the TDS should not go beyond 250 PPM and should be free from pathogens, hazard chemicals, pesticide, leaked sewage waters.. etc. If there is no chemical factories in a radius of 20 kilometers and more over if the water is arsenic free then it can be used. Otherwise to say a plain no is better. :)


Dada, borewall water of Delhi is quite different. Here groundwater is polluted.

parthapratim22 wrote:Any bod using Borewell water for planted tank?
Can it be used in some proportion with RO?

Can be more specific for Delhi water condition.


Partha, I have one trick for Delhi water to use in a planted tank.

Store the water in a vessel for 1-2 days. You will find some deposits on vessel surface and walls. Now you can use this water without too much disturbing in combination of around 25% RO water
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
parthapratim22
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am
Location: KOLKATA>HYDERABAD>DELHI

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby parthapratim22 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Perfect...in my room I use borewell other than drinking. I found diposits, so good for planted tank as per your Idea. Thanks
Aquascaping Products and Designs viewforum.php?f=60
9599388127

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby saikumar » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:02 am

There are two kinds of deposits you ll find from bore water.
1. Undissolved/suspended impurities
2. Dissolved salts

You can remove '1' with 2nd class school experiment of decantation or filtration.

For removing '2' it is much more complex. You ll need RO system for that as a minimum.

Both 1,2 give deposits. You cant be sure you removed all impurities.

Best thing everyone advises is... Get the water tested in a lab and then decide what you can do.

User avatar
parthapratim22
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am
Location: KOLKATA>HYDERABAD>DELHI

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby parthapratim22 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:02 am

Thanks...you are right.
Aquascaping Products and Designs viewforum.php?f=60
9599388127

User avatar
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 341
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:05 pm
Location: Kolkata

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby vikramdutta11 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Dada why to take undue risk, install a RO unit and stay healthy, both u and ur plants & pets.

User avatar
parthapratim22
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 5289
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:38 am
Location: KOLKATA>HYDERABAD>DELHI

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby parthapratim22 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:03 pm

planning for a 4ftr Dada, RO unit will not help much. What you think!!!
Aquascaping Products and Designs viewforum.php?f=60
9599388127

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby SCORPIO » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:41 pm

parthapratim22 wrote:planning for a 4ftr Dada, RO unit will not help much. What you think!!!


Nowdays entry level RO units are able to purify around 80 litre of water. You have to spend around 8000 Rs. to buy a RO unit. So not a problem in water change once or twice a week.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: Borewell water for planted Tank?

Unread postby saikumar » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:21 am

SCORPIO wrote:
parthapratim22 wrote:planning for a 4ftr Dada, RO unit will not help much. What you think!!!


Nowdays entry level RO units are able to purify around 80 litre of water. You have to spend around 8000 Rs. to buy a RO unit. So not a problem in water change once or twice a week.

+1 awesome advice.

Are you staying on top floor dada? I got some ideas if so.