URGENT - POND FILTRATION

Discuss on Outdoor tanks and ponds.
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

URGENT - POND FILTRATION

Unread post by Matrix »

Hello friends,

One of my relative has constructed an indoor pond of 290 cm x 80cm x 30cm (roughly 154 Gals / 696 Liters) in his new office. He wishes to keep only Koi fishes and wants it clean, clear & reflective.
Wanted to know what are the options for filtration. He has not made any sump at the base but has a drain outlet for cleaning purpose which i think can be retained and some external or submerged filter can be used. Are there any options for submerged filters for depth of 30cm (1')? Which external filters are better for Kois? can we use aquarium filters like eheim 2215 x 2nos ?

The opening is next week and he wants it to get running by then. Early suggestions from experts are much appreciated.

---
Thanks,
Amol
---
Amol
jack

Re: URGENT - POND FILTRATION

Unread post by jack »

i am not an expert, but get a eheim professional with over capacity as kois are messy and get huge.... better to over filter.
not sure for pond filterm but sunsun has a good range of them.
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
reckless44
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by reckless44 »

whatever heavy filteration you use, you can't just get away with weekly heavy water changes. Since it's indoors, i presume not much of light will be coming in it. If so, you'll also need to install a high wattage (20watt plus) UV sterelizer as well.
I think a high capacity external filter should be good. Don't overflood the pond with too many koi's keep only good specimens in a controlled number.
"Hard work is the only investment that never fails in life."
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

And try to fill it with more decorations and put in colorful and quality fish in minimum numbers
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Got Claritec 3000UV pond filter from Nirav. Looks best http://www.pondone.co.uk/filtration.php. Planning to put 8- 9 Kois in it.
---
Amol
anirudh777
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by anirudh777 »

that pond is too puny for Kois.go for exotic goldfish