LED exhibition delhi

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: LED exhibition delhi

Unread post by Romi »

I wish Amol would join us too, he already has good experience with LEDs... Matrix, are you thre?
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Sorry guys my tickets are booked for end of the month. I saw the link & think the expo is going to be more commercial and Product oriented, mostly useful for customer looking for Ceiling lights, Street Lamps, decorative fixtures, etc. I doubt that they will be selling any bare LED's & drivers for our requirements. Yes you guys will surely get LED Tube lights (T5's & T8's), Par lamps & Focus (replacement for MH). GUYS BEFORE BUYING FOCUS LAMPS MAKE SURE THAT IT IS IP65 or IP66 certified. It stands for water proof & Dust proof.
While buying any LED fixture check the lumen output and dont just blindly fall for its wattage. More than LED the drivers used are imp. prefer the imported ones, will ask my friend and recommend the Driver manufactures.

---
Amol
---
Amol
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@Matrix

IP65 or IP66, useful tip, buddy.

Waiting for your next post here. ... can't afford to make a mistake, since LEDs are not exactly disposable.
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Guys my friends who supplies LED lights to Bosch & Reliance has recommended "Meanwell" led driver (US Brand). He uses same in his all fittings.
http://www.meanwell.com/
---
Amol
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Anybody has an idea what the lumen output of a 12 watt LED tube should be? I saw one less than 2 feet long yesterday at Sachdeva Electrical LED shop near Favvara Sis Ganj Gurudwara. For Philips his price was 1750 and i was really really tempted, because it has an almunium case and just needed to be wired up. He is also offering an in-house LED tube of same size and appearance, a year's gaurantee. If this LED Expo was not just a few days away, i might have given into temptation. :lol: imagine a tubelight that does not go dull and half-capacity after a year...

They have a separate LED shop now, a few shops away from their old one. They are a very good and reliable seller of lighitng i have trusted for years now. Went there for the first time with Fishyman. That LEDs are taking over was obvious when i went this time.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Meanwell....hmmm...I like that :)
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

after recent non stop fish activities and 1 AM pickup of native from airport, i cannot utter a word about anything related to fishes :(, I wont be able to go. But i am definitely looking for good quality LEd and Drivers. From what i have seen that not the best of 3 watt LED are being sold here.
I one picking going and finds any thing interesting on LED and Drivers, please do let me know.
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

i also can't join you to the exhibition.
but if you guys find a good quality driver for 3x3W LED, please get me two pieces.
asheesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by asheesh »

allright guys... so today for 4 hours i was in the exhibition. It had so many exhibitors that came across the world with a variety of product range.

They have lot and lot of product line however only for display

if you want to buy anything they will ask to send requirements on the email and they will get back.
i found 120 Lum, 6500K leds for Rs 5 also, however minimum order is around 1000 (this was just for led only)

so summary ... we can choose a dealer and then go for a bulk order latter

Thanks
Image Image Image
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

Hi Asheesh,

Many thanks for the heads up. Did you find out the make of thr Rs 5 LEDs?
Also were there any exhibitters for Meanwell and CREE, if so please share the dealer details.

Lastly, do you have any pics for us?

Thank you.