Product Review and Consumer reports

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Product Review and Consumer reports

Unread post by Kaushik »

Product review and Consumer report
Dear Members
Here we are starting a thread which will dealt with Various Aquarium Products e.g. Filter, Heater, Timer etc.. At the same time your reports about the same..You may discuss about the positive and negative futures about the products and according to your choice may give 1 * or 2* on a 5 Star (***** ) Ratings. We will compile the overall opinions and will give Star ratings after each products. Please post your valuable opinions here so that the best products could be sought out. Your participations is the matter and nothing else.
Thanks in advanced
Last edited by Kaushik on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Product Review and Consumer reports

Unread post by Kaushik »

Product Review Eheim 2215/17/22 Canister Filter
Pros
Multiple media baskets, large media capacity 1.5 US gallons, Extremely quiet, comes with quick-disconnect valves for the inlet/outlet hoses.

Cons
It is a non-self priming filter. Inlet/outlet flex-tubing supplied is a bit short.

Your Opinions regarding Quality, Priced, Services, Quietness asked..Share your experiences and Rank it *
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
rahul2kcuteguy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahul2kcuteguy »

Well, for me Ehiem 2217 is fantastic product as i took 2 yrs warranty on it. The price is little higher but value for money product for me.
Its so quiet that one need to touch it to check if its working or not.
Hoses could have been liitle longer for better placement of inlet & outlet pipes.
Overall for me 4* for product.
Thanks & Regards,
Rahul Aggarwal
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

2217 is a quiet filter, suitable for tanks upto 20 gallons in my view. The fact that it is not self-priming is a huge negative for this product.

Over the years, I prefer Seachem Matrix to Eheim Substrat Pro. Hence, if I could, I would actually buy the 2217 used, without filter media and put two bottles of Matrix in it.
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

I have 2 Ehiem 2215 and 2217 which I purchased at a combo deal from a Kolkata based seller. Both were running for the last 12 years without any trouble and I must say that the German product is a value for money.They performed very well over the years, kept the water crystal clear. The Eheim is so quiet I can not hear it running even when right next to it. The things which I missed in it is self priming and short green hose. In my point of view Ehiem 2215/17 should have 4*
-A P J Abdul Kalam
mats
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by mats »

Hi friends,
I have used a eheim 2217 for a long time, also a atman II. I find both to be good.both are quiet.
Can anyone guide which are self priming filters ?
Warm regards
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

A self priming filter allows you to `start' the filtration process by sucking the water in. There is a button or a pressure cap which you press and the water starts flowing.

This is in comparison to the 2217, where you have to suck the water in manually.
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Product Review Air pump
Model AtmanHP 4000/6000/8000/12000... Boyu S500/ 9900/S4000B Rena Air 50/100/300/500 Eheim 100/2000/4000 Marina 100, TetraWhisper 100/ 200
Pros : Low vibrations/ Low noise. Low maintenance. Powerful air pressure
Cons : Not easy to handle , expensive, Not durable etc

Share your experiences and give * rankings
-A P J Abdul Kalam
aawnaik
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aawnaik »

I have been using 2217 and very happy with the performance. In past Hv used 2213 too with similar satisfaction.
Amit Naik
[background=][/background]
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Members could have missed this...
-A P J Abdul Kalam