yamato regulator.

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

yamato regulator.

Unread post by Somen »

In the pic,shown is the back side of
Yamato regulator.There are five outlet,
as shown.
The outlet at the extreme below,is leaking Co2
when the main valve is opened.
That outlet has a nut,with a small hole.
The nut is tightened,still it is leaking.
What is that outlet meant for?
If I mseal that outlet?
Please help and give suggestion.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: yamato regulator.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Mseal will stop the leakage.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Do NOT put mseal on it without knowing the cause. If you will seal your pressure release, that might be dangerous.
A better picture will help. Those are not 5 outlets. Two of those are gauges, one is inlet, one is outlet and the last one *should* be a pressure release valve.
So, you need to find out which one of these is leaking. If it's pressure release, either your reg is faulty or you have too much output pressure.

Do a soap solution test and see where is the leak exactly.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

sumer wrote:Do NOT put mseal on it without knowing the cause. If you will seal your pressure release, that might be dangerous.
A better picture will help. Those are not 5 outlets. Two of those are gauges, one is inlet, one is outlet and the last one *should* be a pressure release valve.
So, you need to find out which one of these is leaking. If it's pressure release, either your reg is faulty or you have too much output pressure.

Do a soap solution test and see where is the leak exactly.
Ya the leak is from the bottom of the regulator the pressure release Valve.
I think it cannot be rectified,It has to be replaced.
Suggest some good brand regulators.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vasishta.sushant »

Ista Acudose has been working flawlessly for me.
30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Somen, the only good double stage regulator in India is ESAB. Its costly but you should definitely go for it, given that your cylinder is a Luxfer.

ESAB has a number of dealers in Delhi, excellent after sales service and good technicians. Also remember, they are one of the few brands which make regulators specifically for CO2, so the meters are very nicely calibrated.

Try and see if you can locate my journal for the CO2 build on Aquapetz - it carries pictures of this regulator.
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

apuda2010 wrote:Somen, the only good double stage regulator in India is ESAB. Its costly but you should definitely go for it, given that your cylinder is a Luxfer.

ESAB has a number of dealers in Delhi, excellent after sales service and good technicians. Also remember, they are one of the few brands which make regulators specifically for CO2, so the meters are very nicely calibrated.

Try and see if you can locate my journal for the CO2 build on Aquapetz - it carries pictures of this regulator.
Sure.
I was searching for esab dealer's only.Still unable to find one.If you find any...Delhi or Faridabad...Just let me Know
Let me go through your Journal....
What should be the approx price? The Product Code if any....
Somen
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Definitely go for a dual stage one.
Yes, it will be expensive. But I can assure you that you won't regret spending that money.
The peace of mind it gives is invaluable. No EOT dumps, no leak, no funky CO2 output rate etc.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays