What Tank to use

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
sushant

Re: What Tank to use

Unread post by sushant »

most of us at some point of time have used the LFS made tank without any problem. if you are really worried about crack and leak ask you LFS to make a tank based on "glass thickness calculator".
Sushant
nalak86
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nalak86 »

.Will check some stores and talk to them.Do you suggest me to go for a ADA cube? is that too expensive? I think they have a dealer in Pune..I mailed them yesterday.

Can't thank you enough for these suggestions .. :-)
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

nalak86 wrote:.Will check some stores and talk to them.Do you suggest me to go for a ADA cube? is that too expensive? I think they have a dealer in Pune..I mailed them yesterday.

can't comment on ADA as i never had one, but going by the brand it ought to be expensive.
all my tanks are either DIY or sometimes chinese molded.
Sushant
nalak86
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nalak86 »

Thanks a lot Sushant!! :-)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

nalak86 wrote:Thanks a lot Sushant!! :-)
ADA or any other branded tanks will be expensive. Acrylic tanks also get scratch easily. So it is best to choose a glass tank. Brand will be depend on your budget. I will never recommend a newbie to spend lots of money.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

nalak86 wrote:.Will check some stores and talk to them.Do you suggest me to go for a ADA cube? is that too expensive? I think they have a dealer in Pune..I mailed them yesterday.

Nalak, Coming straight to the point Go for a custom made tank, ADA Cube will cost you around 6K or more, if u make a cube of 4mm from the LFS then it may cost you approx 500 bucks. First of all make sure what will be the size of the tank, then estimate your budget, actually if you want to make a planted tank then it is better to invest in the other products like Canister Filter, Soil, Lights etc, 90% of the hobbyist in this forum use custom made tanks and they are creating Magic, If you want you can tell the LFS to make the tank with extra clear glass, it will look nothing less than ADA. Main target is to make a planted tank and not only a tank. Still if you want to buy a branded one, do not buy acrylic ones, bcoz after some days you will find scratches all over.
All the best. takeca
nalak86
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nalak86 »

That cheap???? :-o
Your explanation clears a lot of my confusion.. Will try to invest that money on other equipments.

I wanna make something like 45x30x30 no co2..
Do you thing i will need canister filter?? Or a HOB will be fine??

Haven't decided in plantation and lighting yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

The most important thing in a planted tank is light, Co2, Fert and water circulation, now soil can be a DIY which can be free of cost if you use garden soil. Plants will need Co2, you can go without Co2 but in that case you have to choose very low demanding plants, No Co2 setup is very ok but I will suggest to go for a canister filter, brands like Sun Sun will cost around 4k, HOB will also do, you are very new to this hobby and before jumping in to this hobby please go through the journals in this forum and surf the net. Understand this hobby, buy the essential items one after other as u understand what u need specifically by reading, this will help you to invest in the useful product and your money will not be wasted. Need plenty of patience and dedication, you will face failure in the beginning and you will learn from these failures how to overcome. All the best.
nalak86
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nalak86 »

Dont wanna go with DIY soil as i am new to it and will probably mess it up.. Will go with ADA Amazonia... I am reading and following the forum... Lets see.. I'll find out about the tank first.. Let me visit some stores.. Will get back to guys with more questions

Thanks a ton everybody!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Abhishekc16
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishekc16 »

Hello there the best way to invest your money is by buying equipments instead of high cost tanks..you were goin fr fluval edge which should be around 10k
So instead of that why not make a custom tank from LFS a 2feet tank would cost you max to max 1k ada amazonia would cost u 1.9k co2 would cost you 6k and filter would cost you 1.5k for sunsun 603B then lights would cost u another 1k with custom diy hood
So in total 11.4k.. 1.4k extra from fluval edge which is just the tank...
And if you go without co2 low tech cost will come down to 6k if its a crypt anubias setup
So its totally upto you what you wanna do :)