eheim classic filter explodes...

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

eheim classic filter explodes...

Unread post by juanico »

hi guys

today morning my eheim classic filter "exploded".
got my CO2 external reactor connected to timer, together with lights.
when the solenoid opened today in the morning, some of the clamps of the eheim (the ones which connect the top cover to the canister) snapped open...

luckily i was still at home and could avoid a major water damage, but around 10l were on the floor... :evil:

taped the clamps now, so they can't snap open any more.

has anyone experienced the same with eheim?

cheers
juanico
jack

Re: eheim classic filter explodes...

Unread post by jack »

Nope never, but after reading about the misshape i think i need to order my ehiem clips. my 2217 runs on just 2 clips as rest are misplaced by my driver during maintenance.
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
vikram
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikram »

Quite dangerous ..
Which model of Ehiem ?
--
Vikram
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

maybe the outflow pipe developed a kink?? When the inlet pulls the water in by gravity, and the powerhead pumps this water out furiously, but a kink in the outflow pipe reduces its diameter, the returning water cannot escape from filter at the same speed, creating high pressure within the body.....

I am using a 2213 classic, and it works seamlessly. ... noiselessly. But when i see a kink.. I hear a grrrrooooooom also... That is my filter getting angry with my carelessness. I daresy this anger could be 'explosive'...... :LOL
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

it is a 2217.

it was definitely caused by the opening of the solenoid. the sudden blow of CO2 caused a too high pressure in the filter. (external CO2 reactor, connected to eheim filter).
have to find the reason for this, since the system worked for 6 months perfectly.
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

May be it did daily, and today the clamps reached their breaking point. Only way out I see, is to have an externalpump for reactors.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by RemirezyKrazy »

@ROMI: I think its high time you tell all of us how to make a DIY filter with eheim like ability..!! :P
:dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua :dua
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

``Ashish``
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

RemirezyKrazy wrote:@ROMI: I think its high time you tell all of us how to make a DIY filter with eheim like ability..!! :P
:1
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

aamir wrote:
RemirezyKrazy wrote:@ROMI: I think its high time you tell all of us how to make a DIY filter with eheim like ability..!! :P
:1

Ashish and Amir, you are forgetting one thing, i offered the Eheim 'tidbit' to a very shy and young person, who i, presumed then, was a newbie. You guys have high standards built over years of fishkeeping, you would pick all kind of holes in its appearance, it's modest materials, its 'gharelupan' :oops: :roll: ...

Amir is the ADA wala, reading pothis on books as a teen ager, and you, sir, are the keeper of dwarf cichlids, a group that only highly learned hobbyists appreciate... so with you, i am wary, very wary... :mrgreen:
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

@Juanico....I am intrigued. How is your CO2 reactor connected ? Before the filter or after the filter ? I have a CO2 reactor connected to my Eheim Pro3 on the return line. There is no question of any pressure build up inside the filter.