Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Post your quires regarding lighting needs in planted aquariums.
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Gurgaon

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby Abhi » Sat May 04, 2013 2:17 pm

sam wrote:tank is 3feet x 1.5h x 1 foot width
what kind of lighting would be suitable??


T5


MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !

User avatar
Romi
Editor
Editor
Posts: 2726
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: North Delhi, NCR.
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby Romi » Sat May 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Vijendra might have some news for us shortly. He was in Bhagirath Place today. :mrgreen: 666

sam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Mayur Vihar Phase3, Delhi
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby sam » Sun May 05, 2013 1:10 am

Abhi wrote:
sam wrote:tank is 3feet x 1.5h x 1 foot width
what kind of lighting would be suitable??


T5


ok but how to fix it up? like what shall i use to build up a good setup :D
~Sam, East Delhi
Am just a noob

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10353
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun May 05, 2013 7:34 am

sam wrote:ok but how to fix it up? like what shall i use to build up a good setup


3 footer T5s are available with feeting in the market. Brought those and joint the wires.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

sam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Mayur Vihar Phase3, Delhi
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby sam » Sun May 05, 2013 11:57 am

SCORPIO wrote:
sam wrote:ok but how to fix it up? like what shall i use to build up a good setup


3 footer T5s are available with feeting in the market. Brought those and joint the wires.

But where can i get them? any idea about the cost
~Sam, East Delhi
Am just a noob

shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: Chandigarh

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby shergill00 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:15 pm

sam wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:
sam wrote:ok but how to fix it up? like what shall i use to build up a good setup


3 footer T5s are available with feeting in the market. Brought those and joint the wires.

But where can i get them? any idea about the cost


@ Sam i got them here in chandigarh from a electrical shop for Rs 500 2ft T5 with twin tubes and company was Oreva. I am sure pricing would be lesser or same in Delhi as well.

It included the entire setup which includes rod and chok as well.

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10353
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun May 05, 2013 12:17 pm

sam wrote:But where can i get them? any idea about the cost


You can get these from Bhagirat Place. Last time I pay Rs. 280 per fitting.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

sam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:22 pm
Location: Mayur Vihar Phase3, Delhi
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby sam » Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm

SCORPIO wrote:
sam wrote:But where can i get them? any idea about the cost


You can get these from Bhagirat Place. Last time I pay Rs. 280 per fitting.


Fitting includes what all??
Reflectors and ballast?
~Sam, East Delhi
Am just a noob

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10353
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun May 05, 2013 4:07 pm

sam wrote:Fitting includes what all??
Reflectors and ballast?


It has everything except reflector. You have to arrange some reflective material only.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: Lighting in Planted Aquariums.

Unread postby saikumar » Sun May 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Sam ji,
you can try the below link if you want reflector.


viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2089
Doing a bit of advertising, dont mind :P