Hi-tech setup...what all do you need

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Hi-tech setup...what all do you need

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Hi Romi...I think you are referring to Tirthankar Chattopadhyay , right ? Well I have read his posts on IAH but never met him.

On CO2 running 24x7 , I have a simple observation - if nature does not believe in running CO2 24x7 , why should we ?

No matter what bps you run the CO2 at , ultimately , if you run it 24x7 , you will land up lowering the pH so much that fish will not be able to live in the tank. So in case you are planning a planted tank only with no fish , by all means run the CO2 24x7.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by juanico »

apuda2010 wrote:Hi Romi...I think you are referring to Tirthankar Chattopadhyay , right ? Well I have read his posts on IAH but never met him.

On CO2 running 24x7 , I have a simple observation - if nature does not believe in running CO2 24x7 , why should we ?

No matter what bps you run the CO2 at , ultimately , if you run it 24x7 , you will land up lowering the pH so much that fish will not be able to live in the tank. So in case you are planning a planted tank only with no fish , by all means run the CO2 24x7.
exactly.

24/7 CO2 lowers the ph. if your water has only little kH, there is no buffer, so pH might get really low.
CO2 accumulates in the tank over night...so again, if you keep fish that is an disadvantage.
you can handle this problems by using an air pump during night time, which drives out the CO2...

either way: and at the end it is a waste of CO2 and you have to refill earlier.

cheers
juanico
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

Nice show Apuda, thats hell lot of equipment. Surely must be giving your calm-night-sleep. :)

If you can you link me to the pictures/journal of your tank it would be great.
Thanks.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

Apuda,

How has the system been performing? Any updated pics of the tank its running on?
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Abhi - its been performing rock solid. No leakages..the bps is held constant by the needle valve.
Aquachem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Aquachem »

does the co2 pressure fall during winters. during summers my pressure stayed at 1000psi for full 30 days before it started to fall. its a 1kg cyl. this month the pressure hasdropped to 500psi in 10 days. should i expect some stability anytime soon. and what could be the impact on the 2nd pressure gauge? i just want tobe sure how to distinguish this from the end of cyl dump situation. if it's true then could one overfill the cyl during winters and underfill during summers?
zico_aqua

Unread post by zico_aqua »

pressure variation is because your cylinder is getting empty, nothing more nothing less! the first gauge you referred to is the cylinder gauge, the second one is the actual o/p pressure gauge, ideally 10psi in there should be prefect. Second gas expands in high temp, but inside a cylinder unlikely unless it's kept in the sun!
Abhradip Choudhuri

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
Aquachem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

zico_aqua wrote:pressure variation is because your cylinder is getting empty, nothing more nothing less! the first gauge you referred to is the cylinder gauge, the second one is the actual o/p pressure gauge, ideally 10psi in there should be prefect. Second gas expands in high temp, but inside a cylinder unlikely unless it's kept in the sun!
ok, that is funny. my first regulator was yamato which i bought 3months back. with this my pressure lasted for 1.5 months. then it crashed in the 2nd month and i bot a weldstar with warranty. last month it worked for 20 days before reaching 500 psi. now i got my 1 kg cyl filled only 8 days back and now it's reached 500 psi. :cnf
Aquachem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

howmuch should my cyl weigh when i get it refilled. its a 1 kg cyl, last time i saw after filling the weight showed 2.600kg at the station. i have checked for leakages and all but couldnt find any. and if it was leaking, the pressure should fall even if it aint running, but that's not the case either.
zico_aqua

Unread post by zico_aqua »

check for leaks..sounds like a leak from the regulator connector area to me!
Abhradip Choudhuri

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.