API CO2 Booster

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
jack

API CO2 Booster

Unread post by jack »

I have started using API CO2 booster in my aquarium,have any one used this product ??

I have Anubias and most of them were tied to the woods more than a month back but they have not yet attached to driftwoods and start to fall appart, then i started to keep them in substrate and the growth is reasonably good (not excellent) (Rajeevji, Anubias expert please give some light here) so i plan to use a carbon source. Now as most of the woods are now without any plants i plan to use Java Moss tied to the woods

NOTE: in my short/long of hobby i never had success with the most basic plants i.e. anubias and java moss :cnf :cnf

My main question here : Is dosing of API CO2 Booster safe for Java Moss ?? any experiences with it ??

Thanks guys for the help
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: API CO2 Booster

Unread post by SCORPIO »

jack wrote:in my short/long of hobby i never had success with the most basic plants i.e. anubias and java moss
Well know fact is that the anubias need not any care to grow. They don't need good lighting, CO2, fertilizers etc. But it is not true. AAnubias also need all of these essentials but there should be a correlation between the light, CO2 and fertilizers. If you are providing good lighting, you also need CO2 and fertilizers. Otherwise the leaves will be covered by algae. If you are keeping these plants in a basic aquarium means in low light conditions without CO2 and fertilizers, they will grow slowly.

jack wrote:Is dosing of API CO2 Booster safe for Java Moss ??
Most of the liquid CO2 sources have the same chemical "Gluturaldehyde". So use with caution.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

SCORPIO wrote:
Most of the liquid CO2 sources have the same chemical "Gluturaldehyde". So use with caution.

thanks bro, is glut safe for mosses ??
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

jack wrote:thanks bro, is glut safe for mosses ??
Glut is not safe for mosses. But I have used in small amount with Christmas moss once a week. Showed good result but in high amount all the moss will be burn within 24 hours.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

jack

Unread post by jack »

ohkieee than what do you suggest ?? change to co2 system or no co2 setup ?? till date have never used co2 in this tank and anubias leaves are coming up, just roots are not attaching to rocks.
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

sir ji how much u used in how much liter of water for moss..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
jack

Unread post by jack »

bro i havent used it for moss but i am just curious i dosed less than prescribed on the bottle
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

jack wrote:ohkieee than what do you suggest ?? change to co2 system or no co2 setup ?? till date have never used co2 in this tank and anubias leaves are coming up, just roots are not attaching to rocks.
CO2 is a best option. I think you don't need any form of carbon with both the plants if you can satisfied yourself with low growth.
maaz wrote:sir ji how much u used in how much liter of water for moss..
You can go for 2 PPM.

maaz

Unread post by maaz »

ok
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
jack

Unread post by jack »

SCORPIO wrote:
CO2 is a best option. I think you don't need any form of carbon with both the plants if you can satisfied yourself with low growth.

got you but then the problem is its very very slow. and the roots are not attaching to the woods :(