Fertilizers

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
mats
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 508
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:55 am

Fertilizers

Unread postby mats » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi all,
After how many days of starting a new setup should fertilisation be started
When using ada Amazonia 2 soil?
Regards



syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:27 pm
Location: New Delhi

Re: Fertilizers

Unread postby syed.ali » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:51 pm

When using amazonia, unless you have plants needing extra care, i wont suggest more than once a week. Thread is a thread by rajeev on fertilizer dosing. Please check that

User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2885
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: RE: Fertilizers

Unread postby sushant » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 pm

mats wrote:Hi all,
After how many days of starting a new setup should fertilisation be started
When using ada Amazonia 2 soil?
Regards
ADA leaches heavily in the beginning, so I would rather use carbon for first couple of weeks and start regular dosing after a month.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
Sushant

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: RE: Fertilizers

Unread postby saikumar » Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 am

sushant wrote:ADA leeches heavily in the beginning, so I would rather use carbon for first couple of weeks and start regular dosing after a month.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk


err! I wonder how carbon will help absorb what is being leached?

User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2885
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Fertilizers

Unread postby sushant » Thu May 03, 2018 9:49 pm

saikumar wrote:[quote="sushant"]ADA leeches heavily in the beginning, so I would rather use carbon for first couple of weeks and start regular dosing after a month.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk


err! I wonder how carbon will help absorb what is being leached?[/quote]I was referring to activated carbon/charcoal.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
Sushant