Re: dap and muriate of potash

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

VishaalDalal wrote:
Romi wrote:Muriate of potash is a mineral that has been used by farmers for centuries with success, and is good because it contains more than just potash. The other impurities balance out the potash and stabilize it. This and dolomite are used for enhancing the viability of DIY substrates, especially those using mineralized compost.

I was looking for it 2 years ago, and started an email correspondence with DJ Mankotia, hoping that being a biotechnology person, he would be able to source it for me. Didn't happen.

I like how Vikas is exploring possibilities, i feel this will make him an expert faster than others who rush for tailor-made solutions every chance they get. Brands do make fishkeeping and aquascaping easier, but they reduce the richness of the learning experience aquariums offer us.

Vikas, can u post the URL i sent u by PM once ? It was about mineralized substrates. The expert was Mr Talbott.

That page illustrates the usefulness of not only Muriate of Potash but also Dolomite, another mineral-rich fertilizer that is released slowly and keeps a substrate fertile longer...
you should have told me and taken some MOP from me I have enough
from where do u get mop and what u called the shop owner to get mop any hindi name or anything else ??
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

VishaalDalal wrote:
Romi wrote:Muriate of potash is a mineral that has been used by farmers for centuries with success, and is good because it contains more than just potash. The other impurities balance out the potash and stabilize it. This and dolomite are used for enhancing the viability of DIY substrates, especially those using mineralized compost.

I was looking for it 2 years ago, and started an email correspondence with DJ Mankotia, hoping that being a biotechnology person, he would be able to source it for me. Didn't happen.

I like how Vikas is exploring possibilities, i feel this will make him an expert faster than others who rush for tailor-made solutions every chance they get. Brands do make fishkeeping and aquascaping easier, but they reduce the richness of the learning experience aquariums offer us.

Vikas, can u post the URL i sent u by PM once ? It was about mineralized substrates. The expert was Mr Talbott.

That page illustrates the usefulness of not only Muriate of Potash but also Dolomite, another mineral-rich fertilizer that is released slowly and keeps a substrate fertile longer...
you should have told me and taken some MOP from me I have enough
I hadn't met you then, buddy. This was in 2010 or so. What price are u paying for it? Also, can you source Dolomite? Another mineral fert, and definitely as organic as they come.
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

hey romi what are other mineral ferts? can u name them?

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@vikas

1. MOP

2. Dolomite

Find dolomite, if u can :LOL
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Romi wrote:@vikas

1. MOP

2. Dolomite

Find dolomite, if u can :LOL
how much you want?? 8-)

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

hey romi how you want dolomite power form or in pebble form??

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Vikas, sorry I lost track of this thread when I couldn't come to the website for some time in the beginning of this year.

Have you found Muriate of Potash? How much did it cost and where did you find it?

Dolomite in pebble form is what is needed. Available? Again, where and what price? :)

You are resourceful, man :thumup

Any mineral that is added to the substrate, should be in pebble form. that makes the nutrients stable and causes no unnecessary spikes of chemicals in the water that can cause algae outbreaks or death of fish. As 'pebbles' or rocks, it is combined with other minerals which stabilize the nutrient bundle. Otherwise, it is like adding a lot of macros or micros suddenly to the water... not good.