Potash in Planted tank?

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Potash in Planted tank?

Unread post by Naufil »

Saw 'potash' in a nursery, looked like orange dirt. Rs. 30 for small packet. What is this potash, can it be used in planted tanks?
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Potash in Planted tank?

Unread post by Naufil »

bump :wait :weep
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

thank you for your very very esteemed reply. Atleast you did, while others turned a blind a eye on a forum which claims to provide 'for every solution of an aquarist'.
+rep man
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Naufil wrote:thank you for your very very esteemed reply. Atleast you did, while others turned a blind a eye on a forum which claims to provide 'for every solution of an aquarist'.
+rep man
Probably it was because most of the member didn't had any idea about the stuff in question.
Sushant
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

what happened to :google ???

I think Aquapetz does a lot of what it claims to do, short of spoonfeeding.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Potash also having Chloride which will release Chlorine in water. I thought it will not beneficial for fishes and other freshwater animals.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

SCORPIO wrote:Potash also having Chloride which will release Chlorine in water. I thought it will not beneficial for fishes and other freshwater animals.
at what PPM is it fatal?

Can we keep potash mixed in water overnight so that chlorine will gas out, similar to municipal water?
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

Romi wrote:what happened to :google ???

Lets not make it all about aquapetz Romi ji, this thread needed some attention and my post got that (can't deny that, can you?) ;)
I did google it but I wasn't able to conclude anything, mixed answers from different forums and sites. Depending on the level of the hobbyist, some might actually need to be spoon fed.
sushant wrote: Probably it was because most of the member didn't had any idea about the stuff in question.
Probably...
SCORPIO wrote:Potash also having Chloride which will release Chlorine in water. I thought it will not beneficial for fishes and other freshwater animals.
Thanks for replying Rajiv-ji. This was the kind of information I was looking for. I trust your advice and your experience is always welcome.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Naufil wrote:
Romi wrote:what happened to :google ???

Lets not make it all about aquapetz Romi ji, this thread needed some attention and my post got that (can't deny that, can you?) ;)
I did google it but I wasn't able to conclude anything, mixed answers from different forums and sites. Depending on the level of the hobbyist, some might actually need to be spoon fed.
sushant wrote: Probably it was because most of the member didn't had any idea about the stuff in question.
Probably...
Thanks for replying Rajiv-ji. This was the kind of information I was looking for. I trust your advice and your experience is always welcome.

You did 'make it very clearly' about Aquapetz Naufil, you wrote ''others turned a blind a eye on a forum which claims to provide 'for every solution of an aquarist''...That is exactly what is written on Aquapetz's masthead. This statement of yours has a direct and unduly challenging tone, instead of a courteous one.

I think when Rajiv wrote this slogan, he meant to say that an attempt would be made, and not that it came with a guarantee card. I don't think any hobbyist website guarantees that. ... enlighten me if there is one. I will join it too.... ;)[/