Genesis substrate

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
sushilpagadala
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Genesis substrate

Unread post by sushilpagadala »

Hi Guys,

I am planning to setup a 2 feet planted tank and I have come across this substrate Genesis. I am aware of Ada and contra and tried it on my friends tanks. But I need to know some reviews on how good this new one Genesis is if any of you are aware and shed some light on this it will really be helpful as I have not come across anyone who used it yet anywhere.

http://aquashoppe.in/genesis-9kg
sushant

Re: Genesis substrate

Unread post by sushant »

No idea about Genesis, but I have used platinum soil and it's almost as good as the leading brand.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sushant
sushilpagadala
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks a lot I am aware of platinum but wanted to know about Genesis as its double baked
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Hi Sushil,

I will be soon using the Genesis soil for one of my shrimp tank, can share the views about the buffering capacity etc.
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

I am also waiting for your feedback Abhishek.
sushilpagadala
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Excellent abhishek please do share your feedback on it :)
bedouinjoy
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by bedouinjoy »

The Price of genesis Substrate seems quixotic for a company who has started promoting coz its costing as good as the ADA ....so why shall one buy Genesis not ADA or Contro Soil,Azoo etc ?
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Vikram and Sushil I have tried Genesis soil and the TDS of that tank is almost similar (>10ppm than ADA) Amazonia.

Its been a month and the TDS for both ADA and Genesis are on par.

Though I use 100% RO water so its reaction capability with normal/hard water will be that I don't have idea.
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

Abhishek wrote:Vikram and Sushil I have tried Genesis soil and the TDS of that tank is almost similar (>10ppm than ADA) Amazonia.

Though I use 100% RO water so its reaction capability with normal/hard water will be that I don't have idea.
Thanks Abhishek for sharing ur experience with us, if Genesis and ADA have the same PH and the price is similar so why go for genesis, will go for ADA as it is already tested and trustworthy and in our local market we get ADA at a much lower price than online.
navneethtk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: RE: Re: Genesis substrate

Unread post by navneethtk »

vikramdutta11 wrote:
Abhishek wrote:Vikram and Sushil I have tried Genesis soil and the TDS of that tank is almost similar (>10ppm than ADA) Amazonia.

Thanks Abhishek for sharing ur experience with us, if Genesis and ADA have the same PH and the price is similar so why go for genesis, will go for ADA as it is already tested and trustworthy and in our local market we get ADA at a much lower price than online.
That's not the only difference.

With Genesis there is a thicker poly coating which allows you to reuse it multiple times without water pollution. This also includes the first time you use it there's not much pollution

Another reason I prefer it now is because it does not leech or cloud like other active soils

Also when plants grow in other soil they grow through the soil. Whereas in Genesis the plants roots hug the particles and grow around it which allows it to decrease soil break down and easy reuse and easier maintenance of plants.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk