Natural Co2 from well water

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
Discus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Natural Co2 from well water

Unread post by Discus »

Many of the forum members may not accept this but this a reality from my experience.

Yes you can maintain about 15 - 25 ppm co2 without adding any means of Co2 supplementation.

I'm living in Kerala. As the natural ponds having a lot of co2 similarly our well water is having good amount of co2. As said earlier you people may not accept this statement but it is true. Whenever I do a 60 or above water change I can see the co2 indicator turning from dark blue to light green even without adding any co2. If I managed to keep the water stagnant it will remain greener. And if I do some surface agitations it will gradually turns to blue.

I think people in Kerala residing at Kottayam district or Western parts of Kerala (maybe whole Kerala) they don't need to add any extra co2 instead keep a 30 percent water change every 4 days or so without surface agitation. I don't know about well water in other places in India or worldwide but our well water is really a Co2 source. It's redsoil at the topmost layer here and below 3 feet or so it's laterite and when go to deep it's like non molten marble stone like soil.

After a lot of surface agitation now my indicator is blue. Maybe at next water change I can prove this.

I must preserve this co2 source lol

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Discus on Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Natural Co2 from well water

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Discus wrote:Many of the forum members may not accept this but this a reality from my experience.

Yes you can maintain about 15 - 25 ppm co2 without adding any means of Co2 supplementation.

I'm living in Kerala. As the natural ponds having a lot of co2 similarly our well water is having good amount of co2. As said earlier you people may not accept this statement but it is true. Whenever I do a 60 or above water change I can see the co2 indicator turning from dark blue to light green even without adding any co2. If I managed to keep the water stagnant it will remain greener. And if I do some surface agitations it will gradually turns to blue.

I think people in Kerala residing at Kottayam district or Western parts of Kerala (maybe whole Kerala) they don't need to add any extra co2 instead keep a 30 percent water change every 4 days or so without surface agitation. I don't know about well water in other places in India or worldwide but our well water is really a Co2 source. It's redsoil at the topmost layer here and below 3 feet or so it's laterite and when go to deep it's like non molten marble stone like soil.

After a lot of surface agitation now my indicator is blue. Maybe at next water change I can prove this.

Interesting Fact.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

SCORPIO wrote:
Discus wrote:Many of the forum members may not accept this but this a reality from my experience.

Interesting Fact.
Yes very interesting, bt please please post pics while next water change with every details.
Discus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Discus »

Sure. I posted this phenomena in other forums too. There also some people from Michigan and Europe shared their similar experience. Actually to keep co2 levels high we need to avoid surface agitation. As I'm having one 2500 L/h Top filter and another DIY top filter having output of 880 L/h from an internal filter it's not easy to keep without agitations. I have to find a way to achieve calm water.

parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Can we keep the co2 ppm near constant for next 4 days after water change?

very interesting note and valid.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Discus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Discus »

At least for 2 days with small flow from top filter and 3 or 4 days with stagnant water.
Now I added a new top filter with 2500 L/h flow rate. So it's difficult to maintain water without movement.

Discus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Discus »

Today I made a big water change. About 75% wc.

See my drop checker.

Before Water change

ImageImage

After water change

It's now green and turning to yellow

Discus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Discus »

Now it's perfect yellow even with high water movement

vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

WOW, thats gr8. How many days will the CO2 will stay, please let us know too.
Discus
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Discus »

If kept water stagnant it will last about 3 days but now I'm having heavy agitation which may last only about 10 or 12 hours