American cichlids profile

Forum for discussion on Cichlids.
User avatar
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: Bhilai

American cichlids profile

Unread postby sub » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:44 pm

share yours American cichlid(SA/CA/NA) image with profile

Andinoacara rivulatus(green terror)
Image[/URL]
Origin :South America
Size:upto 10"
Diet:Omnivore
Water parameters:6.5–8.0 pH,20-26 °C

Personal view : very active fish,less aggressive at young age but as it matures will show why its name is green terror,growth rate is very slow as compare to other big SA cichlids .



Astronotus ocellatus(oscar)
Image[/URL]
Origin :South America
Size:generally upto 1' but some grow bigger than 1'
Diet:carnivorous
Water parameters:6.5–8.0 pH,22-26 °C

Personal view : most popular cichlid in the hobby, i am keeping a pair of tiger oscar from 1" sized now both are one foot long, grow very fast ,very messy eater,most of the time swim top of the tank looking for food.



User avatar
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: Bhilai

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby sub » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Heros serverus(Severum)
Image[/URL]
Origin :South America
Size: upto 8''
Diet:carnivorous
Water parameters:6.0–6.5 pH,22-25 °C, good flow

Personal view : are semi aggressive ,grow at fast rate , eats every thing what i offer, mine it aquatic plants cutting also.

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10350
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:31 pm

Nice effort.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Gurgaon

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby Abhi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:49 am

Nice thread if kept alive by people. Will definitely post here.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !

User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby sushant » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:06 pm

Abhi wrote:Nice thread if kept alive by people. Will definitely post here.

If everyone start thinking the same way, then we will end up with zero post[emoji35]
Sushant

User avatar
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm
Location: Bhilai

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby sub » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:10 pm

thanks for kind words

Herichthys carpintis(Pearlscale Cichlid) generally mislabeled as green texas
Image[/URL]]
Origin :Central America
Size: upto 10''
Diet:Omnivorous
Water parameters:7 pH,24-26 °C

Personal view : are very aggressive and territorial,very hardy fish can adjust different water parameters , black background and quality food will enhance its beauty. likes to eat algae on roots.

Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Gurgaon

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby Abhi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:11 pm

sushant wrote:
Abhi wrote:Nice thread if kept alive by people. Will definitely post here.

If everyone start thinking the same way, then we will end up with zero post[emoji35]

People here keep planted threads running other than that what thread do you see ? Look at the arTs and the highest post and topic counts are under planted tanks. So my reply was my opinion on what I saw .
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10350
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Abhishek Ji, you can also be a contributor in this topic.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby sushant » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:50 pm

SCORPIO wrote:Abhishek Ji, you can also be a contributor in this topic.

He has already expressed his desire to contribute here, and what he has said earlier is extremely correct, members should come forward and appreciate the efforts made in starting a thread by contributing to it.
Sushant

User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2881
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: American cichlids profile

Unread postby sushant » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:53 pm

sub wrote:share yours American cichlid(SA/CA/NA) image with profile

Andinoacara rivulatus(green terror)
[ Image ][/URL]
Origin :South America
Size:upto 10"
Diet:Omnivore
Water parameters:6.5–8.0 pH,20-26 °C

Personal view : very active fish,less aggressive at young age but as it matures will show why its name is green terror,growth rate is very slow as compare to other big SA cichlids .



Astronotus ocellatus(oscar)
[ Image ][/URL]
Origin :South America
Size:generally upto 1' but some grow bigger than 1'
Diet:carnivorous
Water parameters:6.5–8.0 pH,22-26 °C

Personal view : most popular cichlid in the hobby, i am keeping a pair of tiger oscar from 1" sized now both are one foot long, grow very fast ,very messy eater,most of the time swim top of the tank looking for food.

Cool photos, are you the owner??
Sushant