Black water turned Regular water(blue angles, apistos, L168)

Forum for discussion on Cichlids.
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Black water turned Regular water(blue angles, apistos, L

Unread post by marsaiko »

let it not be an impulsive buy at the least. Plan before you pay. Pay in Kgs rather than the looks, thats how shop guys get it, so better you pay that way.
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
himansh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by himansh »

nice tank
jack

Unread post by jack »

Romi wrote:
jack wrote:since long i am in search of huge driftwood and finally got hands on one.... want to buy it but not sure it will look good in this scape....

my plan is to keep this driftwood in the center and surround it with the same grey rocks that i have... and plant anubias around.

[ Image ]

the size of the wood is 40 inches X 10 inches and 33 inches height....one piece..... how much should i pay ??

what are your views guys ?? hardscape gurus please give me a thought and your inputs.....

thanks....
This wood is unusual AND fantastic. The smaller more slender branches are likely to disappear with time, but as of now, and as soon as you get it all waterlogged, it could give you a sensational aquascape. They compliment the thicker branches well, and collectively, add a touch of stellar novelty.

Any idea where this was procured from in the wild? Wish it was possible to ascertain what tree species it is from. But that is often very hard to say...

stellar novelty ?? didnt got that part bro,

these are imported ones and the LFS guy usually gets his stuff from singapore will try to ask him.......
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
jack

Unread post by jack »

Romi wrote:Even kept exactly as it is now on the palet board, with a few rocks or sand or gravel underneath holding it up, with the rocks on one side to counterbalance it a bit, and a few more on the other side or around to soften its starkness, you could have an Amanoesque aquascape :ugeek:

Amanoesque :shock: long way to go bro....

for this my plan is to keep this wood in the center and keep the rocks and sand, and just plant anubias around thats itt.....
jack

Unread post by jack »

marsaiko wrote:let it not be an impulsive buy at the least. Plan before you pay. Pay in Kgs rather than the looks, thats how shop guys get it, so better you pay that way.

i want to buy this wood, its in my list since quite long, but the price the lfs is asking is quite high thats what i think. and also i am waiting for the expert hardscapers to help me out with the decision.... btw how much can be paid for this ?? maximum ??
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

It is big and beautiful wood. No any shopkeeper will sale it in KGs. Tied moss in the upper parts and Anubias in lower parts.

Precious wood.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

SCORPIO wrote:It is big and beautiful wood. No any shopkeeper will sale it in KGs. Tied moss in the upper parts and Anubias in lower parts.

Precious wood.

True he is not ready to sell it in khs. But what can be given max for this wood ?? Plz give me idea....
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

When you buy a wood you should not buy a big one, as you cant use them in a different way, you have to stick with the shape of the wood. I may do work with small tanks, but I love to work with wood having single or couple of branches, you may work as you want.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

jack wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:It is big and beautiful wood. No any shopkeeper will sale it in KGs. Tied moss in the upper parts and Anubias in lower parts.

Precious wood.

True he is not ready to sell it in khs. But what can be given max for this wood ?? Plz give me idea....
How much he is demanding?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Unread post by jack »

parthapratim22 wrote:When you buy a wood you should not buy a big one, as you cant use them in a different way, you have to stick with the shape of the wood. I may do work with small tanks, but I love to work with wood having single or couple of branches, you may work as you want.

i am not too good in hardscaping soo thought to give it a try...