We have no right to keep them

Forum for discussion on big size fishes such as Arowana, Flowerhorns etc.
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Re: We have no right to keep them

Unread post by bmukh »

If we really want to educate people.....here is what we can do (would involve some expenses though).....
Step I: Prepare basic FAQs of fish keeping with particular emphasis on some of the common breeds
Step II: Have them on our website
Step III: Get information about as many local LFS we have
Step IV: Encourage every LFS to give a chit asking the buyers to login to our website. To incentivize them, every such 'members' who are referred to aquapetz by a LFS earns INR 50 for the LFS (thats the expense part). Or create a simple poster ("join https://aquapetz.com to know more about practical fishkeeping") and ask the LFS to prominently display at their counters.

Now how do we pay the LFS? Only by some support from some of the online stores/members......?
jack

Unread post by jack »

+1 with bappa da and this is also a good step to bridge the gap between the lfs and hobbyist and to educate people around. plus this is different that no forums has ever done it.
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

bmukh wrote:If we really want to educate people.....here is what we can do (would involve some expenses though).....
Step I: Prepare basic FAQs of fish keeping with particular emphasis on some of the common breeds
Step II: Have them on our website
Step III: Get information about as many local LFS we have
Step IV: Encourage every LFS to give a chit asking the buyers to login to our website. To incentivize them, every such 'members' who are referred to aquapetz by a LFS earns INR 50 for the LFS (thats the expense part). Or create a simple poster ("join https://aquapetz.com to know more about practical fishkeeping") and ask the LFS to prominently display at their counters.

Now how do we pay the LFS? Only by some support from some of the online stores/members......?
Agree to the steps I-III but the IV step will be an issue, Most of the LFS know if the normal fishkeeper gets on to forums he looses his buisness. Why can't we instead of that float adds online and maybe in newspapers, that would definetly touch a larger segement.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
pkattitude
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pkattitude »

I think its not about education, rather its about desire...

Let me give an example. I am a bachelor. I am a Katrina fan. Katrina Kaif is a spinster. If she were available and ready to leave her film business and marry me, would I say no? probably not. But would I be able to maintain her? Probably not. But still would I say no? Probably not... so what will happen... its easy to guess.. exactly what happens to a large fish in a small auarium. Now suppose my neighbour is also a bachelor and he saw all this happening to me. He is a Bipasha Basu fan. He also gets a marriage proposal from Bipasha Basu. Even though he knows what happened to me, would he say no? probably not... so what will happen to him? easy ... probably what happened to me...

I know thsi is a very funny example and some of you may also think it is pretty lame... but I have a feeling that many a fishkeepers that have large fishes in small tanks (including me) already know (or have been informed by the pet store) that this fish is not the right size for their aquarium but still end up buying ... desire and greed :)
Regards,
Keshava
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Meem »

oo so tat means our fish are bips n katrina lolz :roll :roll
jokes a part you have a point :1
I'm whAt I'm !
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Meem wrote:oo so tat means our fish are bips n katrina lolz :roll :roll
You are right. I like fishes more beautiful heroines.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
pkattitude
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:
Meem wrote:oo so tat means our fish are bips n katrina lolz :roll :roll
You are right. I like fishes more beautiful heroines.
:1
Regards,
Keshava
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

Yeah... it's not only the greed of LFS owners that we have to deal with
People get easily obsessed for adding more beauty to their aquarium and filling it more
But how do we tell people that an aquarium's beauty mainly comes from live plants, driftwoods and rocks?
And how do we explain them what "Romi" taught me once: "Fish are living beings and not decorations!"

People should put themselves in the shoes of their pets and then only they can realize what their pets feel
Imagine yourself, kept alive in a cramped glass cabin, just because you look handsome and your parents want to add some decoration to their house! :x
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

pkattitude wrote:I think its not about education, rather its about desire...

Let me give an example. I am a bachelor. I am a Katrina fan. Katrina Kaif is a spinster. If she were available and ready to leave her film business and marry me, would I say no? probably not. But would I be able to maintain her? Probably not. But still would I say no? Probably not... so what will happen... its easy to guess.. exactly what happens to a large fish in a small auarium. Now suppose my neighbour is also a bachelor and he saw all this happening to me. He is a Bipasha Basu fan. He also gets a marriage proposal from Bipasha Basu. Even though he knows what happened to me, would he say no? probably not... so what will happen to him? easy ... probably what happened to me...

I know thsi is a very funny example and some of you may also think it is pretty lame... but I have a feeling that many a fishkeepers that have large fishes in small tanks (including me) already know (or have been informed by the pet store) that this fish is not the right size for their aquarium but still end up buying ... desire and greed :)
this is the best example that i have heard in my life :roll :roll
Sushant
pkattitude
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

sushant wrote: this is the best example that i have heard in my life :roll :roll
That's because I joined the forum today only... :roll :roll
Regards,
Keshava