Some of my Discus Pics

Forum dedicated to the Discus fish.
Kalyan
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Some of my Discus Pics

Unread post by Kalyan »

pinaki_pal wrote:Appreciate ur work and dedication ...... ur work is actually tempting me to get into discus mania and I am sure it will inspire others as well.............will request u to share ur process of keeping discus successfuly. I know u have been raising them from a coin size and this is ur first attempt in discuss keeping.........moreover u had 0 casualty during this process........... whenever I google for successful discus keeping i end up with regular water change, deworming , temp control and other complex stuff which actually discourage me in keeping discus..............as per my discussion with u it's not that complex and in most of the cases extremly overhyped ........... will like to listen from u what exactly it is and how complex is the process of successful discus keeping............. this might enlighten other folkes and encourage them in keeping discus successfully over the years
Thank You..

When i was having planted tank , i used to change water weekly 30%. Everything was fine until i face some issues which i already mentioned. After that i kept them in a sandy substrate with bogs and anubias only . That time , i used to change 30% of water in every 3 days . From the beginning , i used to age my water for 48 hrs with aeration which helps to remove chlorine and it also allows to settle the ph level . Till now , i haven't used any water conditioners. During water change in winter , you need to maintain the current temperature of your tank and the water you are introducing . My tank temp stays at 27 . Now my tank is running Bare Bottom so i siphon daily and by cleaning the glass/bottom and fill in the same amount of water so no large/medium water changes daily or weekly. Some people do large water changes daily but IMO that will make them stressed ;) . Till now i haven't done any deworming but some people do monthly deworming :) . To keep them happy and healthy , you need to keep the water clean / feeding high protein foods daily 4/5 times in a gap of 3/4 hrs in small quantity. One more thing , do not play with water parameters like reducing PH by using chemicals . Fluctuation in PH level will be fatal .They can happily live in higher ph so it will not be an issue. My current PH is 7.5 :) . If you or anyone have any questions can ask me :).
devchitra wrote:Very healthy and beautiful discus.
xarg0n
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by xarg0n »

There are few more..as always, these shots are my personal favourites..
DSC_1461.jpg
DSC_1431.jpg
DSC_1364.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself"- Napoleon Bonaparte
xarg0n
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by xarg0n »

DSC_1672.jpg
DSC_1668.jpg
DSC_1658.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

"If you want to do something in a better way, do it yourself"- Napoleon Bonaparte
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Sourav Da Osha pics :)

Do you use an overhead flash?
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

beautiful pics, just love all of them :thumup
Sushant
navneethtk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by navneethtk »

Amazing! Can you tell us the camera exif and equipment used?

Sent from my Panasonic P11
xarg0n
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by xarg0n »

No flash at all ..

Need to check the exif. These are all shot using 50mm f1.8 lens. Body D7000.

via Tapatalk....
Thanks & Regards..

Sourav...

Kalyan
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Kalyan »

DSC_5672.jpg
DSC_5683.jpg
DSC_5690.jpg
Kalyan
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Kalyan »

DSC_5692.jpg
DSC_5697.jpg
DSC_5701.jpg
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

Eye Catching.
Great colour.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.