looking for female guppies in NCR

Forum for Livebearers.
Romi
Editor
Editor

looking for female guppies in NCR

Unread post by Romi »

hi folks,

Looking for female guppies in NCR. No one seems to stock any. This is understandable, since breeders want people to buy males and not have them breed. This ensures their market stays intact. But guppies are the most colourful and hardy (males only, on average) livebearer that can be bred in endless colours and patterns, so eaisly. So, to use them to pomote the joy of sharing fish/fry here, if u can help to arrange females from any contact u may have, please update here...

regards,
Romi
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: looking for female guppies in NCR

Unread post by SCORPIO »

How many do you need? I can arrange some for you from a friend's aquarium. He have more than 150 guppies in a 4 X 2 X 2 tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

i will take four, but as you know, guppies have many varieties that cannot be inter-bred. so if get the right variety i will take more. And i am sure i can offer double the number of guppies back to the person who give them, after they breed.

i am looking for mosaic, half black, metal, moscow blue, galaxy, medusa, lace, snakeskin, dragon, cobra, gold, leopard, grass, or glass-belly guppy females! :lol:

i know, long list! But ANY of these is welcome and highly appreciated! :roll:
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Romi wrote:
i am looking for mosaic, half black, metal, moscow blue, galaxy, medusa, lace, snakeskin, dragon, cobra, gold, leopard, grass, or glass-belly guppy females! :lol:
OMG!!! :o you have all these, but only male...
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

:mrgreen:

no parthapratim ;)

I am interested in these because females of these are, i believe, compatible in terms of colour and pattern with what i have. except one supertb male mosaic and one black grass guppy, i have very ordinary males :roll:

but i am lucky to have these two even, because apparently delhi gets even good males by chance only . if anyone who goes to daryaganj frequently will update here, or in the fish availablility thread, i will get the japanese platinum guppies they get once in a while. they are good too.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

For the first time in a long time in Delhi, i found female guppies on sale..
Anand Parbat has around 10 shops in a row and in the alleys. One of the small ones was selling half black, neon and mosaic guppies, both male and female. Guy's name is Punkaj. 9999445247.

small halfblack females, just a 100 bucks a dozen! Larger neon and 'tuxedo' just 35 bucks each. Some cool males too!

naturally, my tank is brimming. Finally 8-)
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

I have extra half black female guppies for exchange. They still have some growing to do, but they sure make babies.