Are almond and banana leaf the only option?

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Are almond and banana leaf the only option?

Unread post by SCORPIO »

pkattitude wrote:One question though... are they small in size?
Size of Jack fruit leaves is bigger in comparison of Guava leaf.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
deepakg
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepakg »

You can take out leaf extract. Like jack fruit and dial and preserve it for months in your fridge.
Other options are teak leaf and banana. Remember to use them only when they are dry like papad. And best is dial because it has anti bacterial extrants , tanin and other goodies.
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

pkattitude wrote:
Romi wrote:I want to let you know that trees/plants that yield a milky sap when you break the leaf off, should NOT be used. This 'milk' is usually dangerous and you can see even cattle will not graze on them, forget fish tolerating them. So when you break the leaves for use, observe closely. I have a guava tree in my front yard and its leaves are usable.
Thanks Romi (sure I remember you :) )... guava sounds like a good option... seems like I am goig to disturb you guys once again?

Yes Guwava is good, Jackfruit is like Banyan and from plants with milky sap the following can be used without any problems. Banyan, Peepal, Jackfruit, pilkhan
SCORPIO wrote:Jack fruit tree leaves are best option for you. Anybody need leaves, I can provide free of cost in next meet.
Thanks, will wait for the next meet. One question though... are they small in size?
jack wrote:Jack fruit :cnf where the heck i got leaves from ?? :cnf Just kidding dont take me seriously ;) a very busy, tiring and hectic day going at office it happens :roll :LOL
:roll - that was a nice one...
winter is always a tough time for trees - may be that expains your day at office, Jack :roll
on cutting the leaf - I think that would kill the effect I am trying to create
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

Cashew leaves, naturally found on banks of RIver Godavari.