an update of the copper red

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: an update of the red dragon

Unread post by deepesh »

Romi wrote:If it appears to be so, it is the farthest from my intentions...
Not you, not at all! :)
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.
aquanick
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquanick »

I know about Aquanick less, but i remember he has got a passion and zeal for bettas. I am hoping he will be persuaded to see the situation not just in the light of facts as known to him, but also in the context of feelings of pure gratitude for sharing and the spirit of camaraderie that make our hobby so special.... .
Really well said.. Romi, I know you through deepak, and i know the passion you have for this hobby. I share the same. However, at least as far as bettas goes, I personally have been cheated by so many commercial oriented guys who term themselves 'breeders, hobbyists etc etc'.
And the intention is to at least inform fellow hobbyists about the correct traits.If tomoro, based on these pictures, someone goes and pays a tonne for a dragon comes back and realizes it aint a dragon, m sure you would not want that..!
I have seen the pic of this same betta as posted on november 2011, isnt a dragon there also. So instead of enjoying the pics and just posting "waah well done, awesome betta, great pics, blah blah, etc etc", someone posts the truth and it becomes a crime?? he he..

So defines the mentality here and in general..
True what you said about giants and halfmoons, yet halfmoons remain with a 180degree caudal and giants remain giant..they dont shrink over time
I thought at least this forum headed by Rajiv (one of the few genuine hobbyists) would be a forum where truthful information would be shared and cherished..
Anyways, really disappointed the way this has turned out..
Ashish
-------------
Banaglore
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

aquanick wrote: Really well said.. Romi, I know you through deepak, and i know the passion you have for this hobby. I share the same. However, at least as far as bettas goes, I personally have been cheated by so many commercial oriented guys who term themselves 'breeders, hobbyists etc etc'.
And the intention is to at least inform fellow hobbyists about the correct traits.If tomoro, based on these pictures, someone goes and pays a tonne for a dragon comes back and realizes it aint a dragon, m sure you would not want that..!
I have seen the pic of this same betta as posted on november 2011, isnt a dragon there also. So instead of enjoying the pics and just posting "waah well done, awesome betta, great pics, blah blah, etc etc", someone posts the truth and it becomes a crime?? he he..

So defines the mentality here and in general..
True what you said about giants and halfmoons, yet halfmoons remain with a 180degree caudal and giants remain giant..they dont shrink over time
I thought at least this forum headed by Rajiv (one of the few genuine hobbyists) would be a forum where truthful information would be shared and cherished..
:1
aquanick
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquanick »

@ arjun : Thanks..

@romi :
Do black-haired people not lose every single one of their black hair and end up with white?
very true, analogy accepted for fins and color of a betta/fish.. but in humans, ever heard about limbs and arms dropping off with age? just like the scales of a betta falling off with age?

@all : My dragon scaled blue grizzle Halfmoon Plakat for reference..

Hope you guys can "see" that a dragon has quite visible thick scales and a metallic/white masking.
Notice the rare blue eyleids this guy has, he is my blue eyed boy.. :)

@moderators/editor : considering a change in the topic of this thread? or still holding the self conscious for a bigger stir??
Ashish
-------------
Banaglore
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

Well after conferring with a friend who is a renowned betta breeder, the betta in question indeed is not a red dragon, but a copper red
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: an update of the copper red

Unread post by syed.ali »

Thanks for the update jibran, moderators, i think we should lock the thread here itself. I think it has reached the conclusive end.