New betta tank Suggestion

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
rupaK
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

New betta tank Suggestion

Unread post by rupaK »

Hi, this is my first post, I want to keep 2-3 Betta. Is 8'' cube is enough for a single betta? And which is better 3 separate betta tank or one 2' tank with black glass separator with some hole into it to maintain the water circulation.
sushant

Re: New betta tank Suggestion

Unread post by sushant »

rupaK wrote:Hi, this is my first post, I want to keep 2-3 Betta. Is 8'' cube is enough for a single betta? And which is better 3 separate betta tank or one 2' tank with black glass separator with some hole into it to maintain the water circulation.
a similar post have been answered here http://www.aquapetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2413, hope this will be helpful.
Sushant
jack

Unread post by jack »

Betta lives in a small bowl but bigger the better rule also apply here. I would suggest to go for minimum 2 gallon betta tank for each betta to house.
I would also not suggest to keep one tank and do partition. What if you just need to medicate 1 betta ?? So better get small 4-5 tanks not very expensive
Keeping all in one tank with partition will stress them unless you keep the partition opaque. But again keeping partition opaque will not let them flair at eachother and display their colors and lovely finnage, thats what they are loved for
Rather i would suggest small tanks like 1X1X1 with individual small filteration(not to strong and no filtration ll also do) and IAL with few lovely betta and keep a paper in between each tanks.... When you feel like seeing their true nature just remove the paper and enjoy....
Please see this should not be more than few minutes a day as it stress the fish....

Hope this will be helpful

Keep us posted
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
deepakg
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deepakg »

I would go for all separate tanks. This make cleaning and moving easy. Also add some plants in there.