HELP: Betta not eating

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
sjshobhit
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

HELP: Betta not eating

Unread post by sjshobhit »

Hi All,

I bought a halfmoon Betta and placed him in a 6 gal tank. He seems to be doing fine - rests, swims, flares sometimes (shows off!!). But it's been two days, and he's not eaten.

Is it normal behavior?

Advices plz...

Cheers,
Shobhit
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: HELP: Betta not eating

Unread post by sumer »

If it's active and behaves normal, I wont worry about feeding. Where did you buy it from? If it came from a commercial facility, most probably it is used to eat live food. It will take some time for him to get his head around the dry pallets that you might be offering.
Do you get live tubifex or bloodworms in Delhi? Talk to other hobbyists and they might hook you up with some supplier or they might help you get a live food culture.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
sjshobhit
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sjshobhit »

I bought it from Petsmart in Atlanta. When I bought it, there were flakes at the bottom of the container. So I am assuming they must be feeding him that.
I am feeding him betta flakes. Is that ok? Or should I try pellets?
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

sumer wrote:If it's active and behaves normal, I wont worry about feeding. Where did you buy it from? If it came from a commercial facility, most probably it is used to eat live food. It will take some time for him to get his head around the dry pallets that you might be offering.
Do you get live tubifex or bloodworms in Delhi? Talk to other hobbyists and they might hook you up with some supplier or they might help you get a live food culture.
:1

sjshobhit, Bettas and kin require live food. They may get constipation if fed exclusively on flakes and pellets. You will require a culture sooner or later :)

Also, your location says Delhi, but you bought your fish from Atlanta, thats in USA right?
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

check for pine scales, i hope its not developing constipation, observe the scales on the body, spply on the belly