Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/2015

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/20

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

Interesting to see betta fry being raised without live foods!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Arjun Tandon wrote:Interesting to see betta fry being raised without live foods!
I am offering them various food but some of them has been dead due to cool temperature at night. I am planning to get some exotic males/females for further breeding with all the necessary items including BBS etc.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

SCORPIO wrote:
Arjun Tandon wrote:Interesting to see betta fry being raised without live foods!
I am offering them various food but some of them has been dead due to cool temperature at night. I am planning to get some exotic males/females for further breeding with all the necessary items including BBS etc.
The deaths are not due to temp fluctuations IMO, but due to lack of food. The ones alive are getting infusoria from your planted tanks. To successfully raise maximum number of tiny fry one needs to have proper live food for each stage of development (infusoria+paramecium for initial days - vinegar eels+microworms later, followed by BBS). The requirement varies from species to species as some have very tiny fry, while others have larger ones that can directly accept BBS. After the fry are large enough one can start mixing in good quality crushed dry food along with BBS.
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

vijendra_s123 wrote: To successfully raise maximum number of tiny fry one needs to have proper live food for each stage of development........
:1
If I may add, those that do survive, remain stunted or have skeletal deformities.....
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Next time I will arrange BBS and infosauria both. I realize that fry need live food to grow.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda