Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/2015

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
User avatar
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 365
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm
Location: Sector-19, Faridabad, Haryana

Re: Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/20

Unread postby Arjun Tandon » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Interesting to see betta fry being raised without live foods!



User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/20

Unread postby SCORPIO » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:11 am

Arjun Tandon wrote:Interesting to see betta fry being raised without live foods!


I am offering them various food but some of them has been dead due to cool temperature at night. I am planning to get some exotic males/females for further breeding with all the necessary items including BBS etc.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 am

Re: Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/20

Unread postby vijendra_s123 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:43 pm

SCORPIO wrote:
Arjun Tandon wrote:Interesting to see betta fry being raised without live foods!


I am offering them various food but some of them has been dead due to cool temperature at night. I am planning to get some exotic males/females for further breeding with all the necessary items including BBS etc.

The deaths are not due to temp fluctuations IMO, but due to lack of food. The ones alive are getting infusoria from your planted tanks. To successfully raise maximum number of tiny fry one needs to have proper live food for each stage of development (infusoria+paramecium for initial days - vinegar eels+microworms later, followed by BBS). The requirement varies from species to species as some have very tiny fry, while others have larger ones that can directly accept BBS. After the fry are large enough one can start mixing in good quality crushed dry food along with BBS.

User avatar
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am
Location: Delhi

Re: Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/20

Unread postby Naufil » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

vijendra_s123 wrote:To successfully raise maximum number of tiny fry one needs to have proper live food for each stage of development........

:1
If I may add, those that do survive, remain stunted or have skeletal deformities.....

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Crowntail Betta.>>Betta Fry after 1 week page3> 12/04/20

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Next time I will arrange BBS and infosauria both. I realize that fry need live food to grow.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda