Interview of Oliver Knott.

Announcements and Updates related to https://aquapetz.com will be here. Only Admin/Moderators can start a new topic.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

scape different oliver.jpg
Aquapetz: Hi Oliver, you are known as one of the most popular and famous aquascapers of the world. How and when you came to know about your extra ordinary abil-ity of aquascaping?

Oliver Knott: Thanks for your kind words! So I start to work 1988, when I was 16 years old, in a local pet store. I learn 2,5 year then I was a cer-tificated salesman for pet stores. The I work about 10 years in this business, at the end I was a shop manager from a 2.500 m² pet shop with 30 people employed. But the whole time my real passion was planted aquariums, so I decide to quit the job, to be own job. So I start 2001 with my own small com-pany, set up and maintain aquariums. Since this I created my own style of aq-uascaping: Be creative and different.

Aquapetz: Please tell us about your family background.

Oliver Knott: I have a small nice family with 5 year old boy and a 2 year old daughter. I am very proud and happy about it.

Aquapetz: Where were you born?

Oliver Knott: I am born 1972 in South-Germany, in the city named Karlsruhe (near the Frensh border)

Aquapetz: Which aquascaping style you like most? Your aquascaping style is little bit different from others. Can you please tell us which points do you keep in mind at the time of establishing an aquascape?

Oliver Knott: I do “free style” aquascaping ;) just create this word for you. I love to see the perfect great aquascape from Amano and the entries of the big aquascaping contest. It is great to see that so many people around the world do this fantastic hobby. For myself it is very important to have fun with my work, and for this reason sometimes I try to make different or spectacular aquascape. I am not a fan of too much rules and as artist I am lucky to work also against the rules. And this is also the goal for my future projects: be different...and enjoy what you make.

Aquapetz: Please tell us about your published books/papers etc.

Oliver Knott: I still have publish a small aquascaping book in German for beginners. And actually I work with Chris Lukhaup on a bigger one, where we show 30 different aquascapes for everybody. We hope to publish it at the end of 2012, first in German and second a little bit later in English.

Aquapetz: How and when you fell in love with planted aquariums?

Oliver Knott: When I set up my first planted tank 1988, as 16 year young teenager in the pet shop. It was like in paradise to use all the plant and technical stuff in the shop for free !

Aquapetz: Which one is your most favorite aquatic plant and why?

Oliver Knott: Ohhh...thats not an easy question, there are so many. For sure I love all the small foreground plants, especially the amazing Utricularia graminifolia. And my favourite stem plant is the absolute nice: Ludwigia “Cuba”.

Aquapetz: What should be considered by a newbie when he/she is making his/her first planted tank?

Oliver Knott:Start with a normal or low lighten tank with easy plants, like mosses and Cryptos. So you can make the first experience with aquascaping, with about 99% guarantee for success. After you can go step by step to higher lighten tanks and more skilled plants. One important note: Low light = low maintenance, Much light = much more maintenance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interview of Oliver Knott.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Aquapetz: Which one is your most favorite aquascape developed by you? Please tell us about that aquascape step by step from zero level.

Oliver Knott:There are so many aqua-scapes I done the last years...to much to remember all ;) But one of my favorite is still the one which I won the AGA contest 2004. The plants grow so amazing in this tank, and it was my first tank I use HC and the Cuba Ludwigia.
Most Favourite Aquascape of Oliver Knott (560 Liter tank)

After 5 days.

5thday.jpg
After 19 days.
19thday.jpg
After 30 days
30thday.jpg
After 54 days.
54thday.jpg
After 75 days.
75thday.jpg
The winner scape.
winning work.jpg
[/b]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Aquapetz: What is the key of success for an aquascapers?

Oliver Knott: Passion, passion and passion. If you have enough from this you will be have success. It must be a pleasure when you make a water change and trim the plants...not a work!

Aquapetz: Please tell us about your company and products.

Oliver Knott: We are doing everything now around the aquarium business. Aquascaping Events, Live Aquascaping, seminars, training, shop consulting, building tanks,....and so on. And not only in Germany, around whole Europe and sometime over seas too. At the mo-ment I have a small product range like the active soil “NatureSoil”, natural decoration, “Skyline” background foil,...and more coming up.

Aquapetz: What are your other hobbies apart from aquascaping?

Oliver Knott:Yeah...relax when I have time ;) My most important hobby is to have time with my family. Some-times to watch soccer, jogging, swimming,...enjoy the free time.

Aquapetz: Any message for the members of https://aquapetz.com.

Oliver Knott:For sure: I am very proud and happy to giving this interview and hope to visit India in any time in the future. I think you still have a very good and high skill in India for aqua-scaping and you have a great potential the next year growing up to one of the best countries for skilled aquascapes! All the best. Yours Oliver Knott

zico_aqua
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by zico_aqua »

wow! now that's a bloody achievement by our website!!! perhaps the only interview ever to an Indian webite! man-oh-man, this guy has taught me be different, never follow defined rules. Thanks a lot for the share, an' i would hardly wait for blink of an' eye to meet him if he ever comes down out here!!
Abhradip Choudhuri

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Chris Lukhaup and now Oliver Knott, great going Aquapetz. hope Mr. Knott will join the forum soon and then we will have the combination of this deadly duo to suggest and improve our skills :D :D :D :D .
Sushant
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

wow, another inspiring interview.
congratz rajiv :clp
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Nothing to say...I always get inspiration :clp from these people...Hats off to his creation...

Nice going Rajivji!!! I know more to come... :adore
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
discusfav
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by discusfav »

another feather in aquapetz's cap!!!!!
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

This is just awesome..... hats off Rajivji..... :clp :clp
aquadream
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquadream »

Itz really great Rajivji ,hope he will be one among judging panel for our future aquascaping contest.

Cheers
Rajeev