Interview of Tran Hoang Long.

Announcements and Updates related to https://aquapetz.com will be here. Only Admin/Moderators can start a new topic.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interview of Tran Hoang Long.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Interview of Tran Hoang Long
photo.JPG
Aquapetz: Hi Long Tran, first of all congratulations on being the winner of IAPLC-2012 from the members of https://aquapetz.com . You are a famous name in the world of aquascaping now. Please tell us about yourself and your family.

Long: My Name is Tran Hoang Long. In Vietnam, they call me by the nickname: Long. My friends in aquascaping forums call me: Py. I am an architect by profession. I am living in Hochiminh City (Saigon) in the south of Vietnam with mother and wife.

Aquapetz: Could you share your professional background and when and how you were attracted to aquascaping?

Long: Aquarium hobby comes to me very naturally. My city lifestyle is stressful and to me, mother nature reduces it. I learnt about aquariums because of a restaurant in my city. I started my first aquarium after learning for a few months about aquascaping in aquascape forums in Vietnam. I found aquariums interesting and not as expensive as a garden, and they work better for me as a form of relaxation after work. Aquariums are a new hobby and they are a challenge for that reason also. That is how aquariums and aquascaping are my favourite hobby now. .I think after 6 years playing in hobby, it is my biggest stress relief and the challenge to complete in IAPLC pushed me to improve myself witth time. I regard architecture and art as my hobbies after aquascaping. I feel I better not show you my bad work in those other fields! I have covered my original ideas about art and architecture in my book.

Aquapetz: What is the view of your family members of your hobby and what would you describe as your favorite aquascaping style and your reasons for choosing it?

Long: My mom and my wife hate my hobby, because they have to clean up after I am done with my tanks!. However they love it after they are finished with this work! I think it helps them reduce stress too, I am grateful to them for their support in taking care of everything else for me.

My favourite aquascaping style is about balancing beauty and meaning in life.

With me, a beautiful aquarium is not enough. It must be express some idea or make some special statement for viewers. My dream aquarium seeks to emphasise the need to conserve nature, and our entire living environment in its natural glory.

I love it because I can ponder the meaning and nature of natural beauty in my aquapscapes.

Aquapetz: Where do you get inspiration to develop a new aquascape?

Long: I always find time to visit beautiful place to find ideas. When I have some ideas, I draw it in paper as the draft. When I start a new aquarium I review it and modify the drawing and then I process it.

Aquapetz: Your aquariums are top ranked in aquascaping contests. Could you share a few of details about these scapes like a short general description and basic specifications?

Long: This year, I tried to make an aquarium that conveyed my feelings about my life experience, a view of my personal idea of natural beauty.

For this, I use the principle of perspective to create the 3D effect. This increases perceived depth of the layout. Moreover, the layout gives the watcher two conflicting feelings:

a. The watcher is intended to experience movement at high speed through a canyon surrounded by aquatic plants.

b. The watcher can feel the debris of nature that is flying swiftly around him at extremely high speed.

I want to provide relief from the rush and scramble of living to the human being that beholds my aqauascape. From this point, I want to point out how important it is to work to preserve and conserve nature by exhibiting its precious beauty to those who look at my aquascapes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interview of Tran Hoang Long.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Aquapetz: What aspects do you consider before develop an aquascapes? How would you say nature plays a role in developing a perfect aquascape?

Long: I rescape my aquarium each year and try to finish it before new year day because each year I want my aquarium to look contemporary also. My layout must have time to look its best before the IAPLC closing date. My basic aim is to join IAPLC, learn IAPLC, enjoy IAPLC and improving with IAPLC!

Aquapetz: Please tell us about achievements and awards that mean a lot to you, in this hobby.

Long: I only participated in IAPLC. I was a participant 5 times in IAPLC and obtained ranking in 2007 of 104, in 2008 of 05, in 2009 of 40, in 2010 of 08, in 2011 of 01 and in 2012 it was 03 !!

Aquapetz: In your winning scape, we noticed your amazing use of rocks.. What would you say is a unique in using rocks and how can we achieve that in your opinion?

Long: My layout uses very popular rock with horizontal stripes and natural sand from Dongnai River.

As you see, I used a very big stone, like a plate, in my layout. The tank is quite deep (81cm). You see one side of the rock only. Behind what you see, I have a lot of rocks to help my layout further.. This kind of rock is quite expensive in my country. I try to minimize any damage to the rocks. So, just with the rock in the middle of the lay out, I use construction glue.

Aquapetz:. What is your favorite planted aquarium among your own? Please provide a growth journal of that tank.

Long: I love my latest aquarium. This year, I had the largest layout for me. The most difficult aspect in making this layout was arranging stones to create a 3D effect, in choosing suitable plants for each area.

It was very difficult to ensure aquatic plants keep growing in different areas, both direct light areas and areas in the shadow of rocks..

Aquapetz. Could you offer some general tips for newbies in the hobby who want to develop effective scapes like yours? Any new insight that you might have gained that you did not get from anywhere but from your own experiences, that you can share with us?

Long: My tip is that you join IAPLC, learn from IAPLC and improve with IAPLC,
However if you have time, join Nature Aquarium Party. Its expensive, but its is a good investment, You guys will gain many things from top aquascapers of the world and your skill will improve rapidly.

Aquapetz: Any message for https://aquapetz.com members you might have?

In my opinion, Nature Aquarium in each country can reflect the unique beauty of the country. So, each country can have a strong point or unique and interesting perspective that a hobbyist can display in his aquarium I really learned a lot of interesting things when I participated in IAPLC and NA Party. India is a great country with many great places which no one else in the world has seen. This is a huge treasure of India!

I love India, and I hope to have chance to visit India and share in this hobby with all of you guys.

I am very happy to have chance to share my ideas with aquapetz.com and I wish the Indian team all the best for IAPLC 2013.
Winner Tanks of Tran Hoang Long in IAPLC

Long2012.jpg
Long2011.jpg
long2010.jpg
[/color][/size]
[/b]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Wow great Conversation love it...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Really liked the introspective mind of long and his candid nature. Without love for nature one can't be such a stalwart figure. Love you Long. Be a guest in our country..
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Lovely explanation and how IAPLC can improve an Aquascaper. Thanks for the time.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Very inspiring.
jack

Unread post by jack »

that was motivating for all of us to take part in IAPLC .... thanks for the time given to aquapetz, nice conversation :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
himansh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by himansh »

inspiring interview
deb_gosh
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by deb_gosh »

Rajivji,

Thanks for this amazing informative peek into the minds of one of the finest contemporary aquascapists in the world today!

Need to figure out why people from vietnam are so creatively inclined. Is is the natural topography or something else.

Mr Long: Thanks for your time and keep creatively confusing us with more brilliant scapes!

Regards,

Debraj
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

deb_gosh wrote:Rajivji,

Thanks for this amazing informative peek into the minds of one of the finest contemporary aquascapists in the world today!

Need to figure out why people from vietnam are so creatively inclined. Is is the natural topography or something else.

Mr Long: Thanks for your time and keep creatively confusing us with more brilliant scapes!

Regards,

Debraj

Deb Da, Most of the aquascapers of Vietnam follow natural scenes of their country. While most of us follow the scapes of others. This is the main difference between us and the aquascapers of Vietnam. We have to still cover a long way to reach their level.