Mini Contest: Mascot Fish for Aquapetz

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Mini Contest: Mascot Fish for Aquapetz

Unread post by Naufil »

Chi.jpg
----WHICH FISH IS THE AQUAPETZ MASCOT?----

I have been always bothered with that funny looking cartoon fish which serves as the site mascot.
If we get a chance to choose one real fish as the site mascot, which fish will it be?
Each of you gets to choose one species.
The most popular fish will be featured in an artwork I am planning for this site.
Let the contest begin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Naufil on Wed May 14, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mini Contest: Mascot Fish for Aquapetz

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Logo of aquapetz will not be change but we can use coming Mascots for another purpose. Something very exciting is knocking my mind.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Lovely idea, but Naufil, can you please elaborate us how Mascot will be different from Logo? Or can the logo fish be improved/doing some graphics addition can be made as Mascot? Lets clarify some initial issues of such.

I have my favorite fish in my mind.

Good initiative. Let see what will be the outcome.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

No fish...
Make the mascot a shrimp/ snail or crab :P :P
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Abhishek wrote:No fish...
Try your hands!! I am eagerly waiting. 666 If something will be different and attractive we can use multi logos for different sections of forum.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

SCORPIO wrote: Something very exciting is knocking my mind.
Share it then. I will love to hear it!
parthapratim22 wrote:Lovely idea, but Naufil, can you please elaborate us how Mascot will be different from Logo? Or can the logo fish be improved/doing some graphics addition can be made as Mascot? Lets clarify some initial issues of such.
Thankye :)
I am not planning to change the logo. It is good enough. I thought about making some banners, sigs and some CGI for aquapetz, and it occurred to me that instead of using a fish of my choice, or the cartoon one we already have, why not take everyone's suggestion and make something different. :D
For me its just for fun, if you guys will like the outcome you can use it in any way you like :thumup
Abhishek wrote:No fish...
I like the idea...I had thought about that too!
Shrimps heart
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

so...which fish or invert will it be? yipi
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Getting all hobbyists to agree on a single fish or invert will be a challenge.

I think the Pearl Gourami is amazing for use as a drawing/cartoon/caricature. It translates very well. The clown killi is very hard to miss, such unusual shape and colours too. Among Indian fish, Puntius assimilis takes the cake. Denisonii is over-exposed.

The logo of Aquapetz resembles a shark more than a bony fish. Since it was Rajiv's idea, I can understand him being sentimental about it. It is better than the www.indianaquairumhobbyist.com logo for sure. The logo used by Shriyans Arnav for the orkut group years ago, Aquarium Club Delhi, was also amateurish. A proper graphic designer could come up with something really exceptional..
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:Getting all hobbyists to agree on a single fish or invert will be a challenge.

I think the Pearl Gourami is amazing for use as a drawing/cartoon/caricature. It translates very well. The clown killi is very hard to miss, such unusual shape and colours too. Among Indian fish, Puntius assimilis takes the cake. Denisonii is over-exposed.

The logo of Aquapetz resembles a shark more than a bony fish. Since it was Rajiv's idea, I can understand him being sentimental about it. It is better than the http://www.indianaquairumhobbyist.com logo for sure. The logo used by Shriyans Arnav for the orkut group years ago, Aquarium Club Delhi, was also amateurish. A proper graphic designer could come up with something really exceptional..

The present Logo fish inspired by the colors of Denisonii. If something will be more impressive, we are ready to change. I am planning something new where we can use these new muscot fish/invertebrates.

sushant

Unread post by sushant »

the idea behind chosing denisonii was we wanted a popular native fish to represent our forum.
Sushant