Come back in hobby...

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
himansh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Come back in hobby...

Unread post by himansh »

I am visiting on forum after one year. last one year was very hectic for me and I forget the hobby. now planning again to start a tank. need suggestion for low maintenance two footer fish only tank.

plz advice.
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Come back in hobby...

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Two feeter is best suited for small fishes like tetra . You can keep a school of black neon tetra / Cardinal tetra with some drifts and low demanding plants like crypts, Najas indica , Hygrophila Difformis etc......

Keeping plants is advised for optimum fish health and less maintenance. ...... u can create something like this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Or like this one .......it's a 2 feeter which thrived in defused sunlight..... Crypts all the way

Due to presence of plants water change in these tanks were occasional .I used to change water once in two months (once cycled).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sdenter
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sdenter »

dada want to everything about ur 2ft .. I want mske jungle like this?? is there any fish ?
himansh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by himansh »

thanks. but I don't want to keep tetras. need more suggestions.
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

Suggestions: consider your water properties before choosing fish for a non planted tank. Platys, Mollys, Barbs (only if kept in schools or will pester & nip fins) r good choice for such tanks.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Go for a school of barbs like as Rosy, tiger, green tiger barb ets. They are hardy and also suitable for your two footer tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda