Daily Hobby related Activity Diary.

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Daily Hobby related Activity Diary.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I was planning to document my day to day activities related to hobby since a long. This will also help others in learning from our experience. Here anybody can post his/her experience. I am expressing my yesterday activities.

Yesterday visited on Aquarium Home, Laxmi Nagar. When I entered the shop, a boy ask me "Are you Rajiv Sharma"? I answered "Yes". He replied that he is Deepak Sharma from Agra. This guys was a hobbyist but now entered in aquarium business. After talking him, I come to know that a hobbyist was still working inside him. He have good knowledge of fishes/plants etc. He is able to understand an average hobbyist. We talked upto hours but after all a call of my wife interrupted us. 666

I thought we have to share our ideas and other fish related activities here.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Daily Hobby related Activity Diary.

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Great post Rajivji........ will share few moments from my diary as well .....

These days I am spending more time in hobby as my wife went to visit her home. Fortunately some good things had happened during this tenure as well (I meant other than my wife's absence) . Observed bunch of Brichardi fries in my Tang tank...... I have been waiting for these moments ,, collected frozen daphnia from a friend of mine and observed fries are more interested in eating smashed hikari discus bio gold than daphnia :) :) .... relieved a bit

Two days back noticed another pair of Brichardi started digging substrate in another location of tank. The very next day observed a fresh bunch of Brichardi fries...... super happy....................

but the same day I noticed some white stingy thing on my favourite Bosemani rainbow's mouth.... i fear the worst and suspected "Cotton Mouth" & columnaris......after several trials finally was able to catch that bosemani rainbow...... checked rest of the rainbows are doing fine......it was almost 1 am at night hence put that rainbow in sump and went for bed....... today will be buying hostacycline and start treating the infected fish.......s of now no plan of nuking the tank...... will keep u posted about my next course of action in this thread ............
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

pinaki_pal wrote:These days I am spending more time in hobby as my wife went to visit her home.
I can understand you. I always makes new tanks in absence of my wife.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

SCORPIO wrote:
pinaki_pal wrote:These days I am spending more time in hobby as my wife went to visit her home.
:roll , i have been warned not to do that in her absensce.
Sushant
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

He he
ayksyk
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ayksyk »

I had to stop building a new tank as planned earlier as my wife went mad on me had to make excuses to guys whom i had requested for material
sub
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sub »

SCORPIO wrote:
:roll :roll
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

nice topic to share our day to day activities.

i thought wife is the most crucial factor in this hobby.
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Few days ago thought of converting my Low-tech planted four feeter to high tech........ Refilled CO2 cylinder , modified sump outflow pipe to minimize surface agitation and started CO2 dosing...... Put CO2 diffuser under Return SUMP pump and it's the best diffusion noticed till date.... all CO2 bubbles are broken further by sump pump and sprayed accross tank with water flow...... started with 8 BPS considering tank + sump volume (which will be nearabout 85 G in total)..But, within a hour and half noticed all my fishes near surface .......hence stopped CO2....

next day started with 2 bps .....gradually will increase the dosge ..Any idea what will be my desired BPS for a tank of that volume??