Water bodies near Kalighat Temple, Kolkata.

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Water bodies near Kalighat Temple, Kolkata.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Hi Guys, I will be in Kolkata on 22 April morning to 23 April evening. I will stay near Kalighat. I want to explorer any water body near Kalighat area. Please suggest suitable place. I would also the company of local aquarists.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Water bodies near Kalighat Temple, Kolkata.

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Unfortunately i live far away from that place otherwise could have accompanied u...
. I dont think ill n able to manage some leaves on those dayS........

I dont think there will b any good water body near Kalighat which can be excavated .... but few reputated sellers stay in that area,,, u can visit their shop and pick up some good quality fishes at reasonable rate
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Hey Pinaki,
Doesn't Rana live there?
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

SCORPIO wrote:Hi Guys, I will be in Kolkata on 22 April morning to 23 April evening. I will stay near Kalighat. I want to explorer any water body near Kalighat area. Please suggest suitable place. I would also the company of local aquarists.
Nope...travel an hour down south, you will get some. The water body running through the temple is the dirtiest with the famous crematorium on its banks
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

Yes :) Ashish also ,,,,,,,
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Thanks guys for your response.

Is there any water body near Airport? I will reach there at 8.15AM. I will come back by train.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Please also let me know the address of shops.

sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

Kalighat is a city area, there is no waterbodies near there for collection trip as such.
I can take you inside areas if you wish ?
A bike ride 30-40 mins south from where I stay. I stay in Netaji Metro, just 15 mins from Kalighat metro. if you wish I can accompany you.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sunny wrote:Kalighat is a city area, there is no waterbodies near there for collection trip as such.
A bike ride 30-40 mins south from where I stay. I stay in Netaji Metro, just 15 mins from Kalighat metro. if you wish I can accompany you.
Done.

sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

SCORPIO wrote:
sunny wrote:Kalighat is a city area, there is no waterbodies near there for collection trip as such.
Done.
But I have a scarcity in nets
:P
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>