CREE LED 3' DIY setup

Post the details about DIY Projects.
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: CREE LED 3' DIY setup

Unread post by Abhi »

apuda2010 wrote:As promised , here is the list of components I used and the costs involved :

Rapidled components do not obviously have an INR price. Please do visit http://www.rapidled.com for reference prices. In case anyone is interested to know the source of each of these components , please do PM me and I will be happy to share with contact details wherever possible.
Costing of the CREEs and source?
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

Abhi, should be rapid-LED only, check the pics of the LEDs it has it printed on them :)

Apuda- now please start the tank journal, cant wait to see how these will perform, especially the glosso and styros being used!! I think the spotlites are showing with bubbles/dust film on surface?

Very excited to build one myself :D
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
senthil
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by senthil »

Read through the post . Very informative. I just have got few doubts. Could be silly.....1) the driver has got two sides. So one side has got three wires from which two of them go to power source.remaining 1 is neutral.???rgt...... 2)the other side will have 4 wires . From which the red wire is connected to first LEDs + be terminal and black wire is connected to last LEDs negative terminal.. So we have the remaining two wires which are used for dimming purpose. Now where is the potentiometer and the 12v power supply come in here. Any photos on connections will be very helpful.
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by prajjwal »

apuda2010 wrote:As promised , here is the list of components I used and the costs involved :

Rapidled components do not obviously have an INR price. Please do visit http://www.rapidled.com for reference prices. In case anyone is interested to know the source of each of these components , please do PM me and I will be happy to share with contact details wherever possible.

Apuda... Please let s know the price for the following items -

1. 3W Cree XP-g 6500K Cool White LEDs
2. 80 Degree otics
3. Meanwell Driver ELN 60-48D

Regards,
Prajjwal
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

@Senthil...

The driver has 6 wires in all. 2 are for AC input - standard red and blue. On the other side , there are 4 - one red and black pair driving the + and - voltage. The other pair - blue and white are for the dimmer. The blue is negative polarity. The white goes to the linear pot variable pin (thats the middle pin). Pin 1 of the pot carries the +ve from the 10V 1A power supply , pin 2 carries the white from the dimmer and pin 3 carries the -ve from the 10V 1A power supply and the negative from the dimmer.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

@Prajjwal...

www.rapidled.com has the prices for all three components. Will be happy to connect you with their back end sales staff - they are the most wonderfully helpful folks I have come across. PM me if interested.
senthil
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by senthil »

perfect thanks a lot.... im in the process of making an led set up for my 4 feeter... will be pinging u back soon for more details
prajjwal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by prajjwal »

apuda2010 wrote:@Prajjwal...

http://www.rapidled.com has the prices for all three components. Will be happy to connect you with their back end sales staff - they are the most wonderfully helpful folks I have come across. PM me if interested.

Thanks dada... will try to make one soon... please keep us update on growth rate and health of plants..

regards
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Apuda has worked hard indeed, and this is a very informative thread. Now, the operative question is: Will the plants like this lighting?? Will they grow?

Please keep us tuned in, apuda! It's the most important part after all :geek:
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

Romi wrote:Apuda has worked hard indeed, and this is a very informative thread. Now, the operative question is: Will the plants like this lighting?? Will they grow?

Please keep us tuned in, apuda! It's the most important part after all :geek:
:1 sir also :1 great build it is
Thatsy requested to start a tank journal, just hopeI was not asking too much :)
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!