poison dart frogs

Discuss and Post about pets other than aquatic.
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: poison dart frogs

Unread post by maaz »

Wow Wojtek i like to keep them...they look very beautiful...thanks for sharing these info with us..try to start these here..i like to keep all of them with me...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

these are beautiful, would be a nice addition to any terrarium.
Sushant
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

maaz wrote:Wow Wojtek i like to keep them...they look very beautiful...thanks for sharing these info with us..try to start these here..i like to keep all of them with me...
i think exporting these frogs from america is banned by american wildlife society as far as i know through discovery channel :!:
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

ishaan wrote: i think exporting these frogs from america is banned by american wildlife society as far as i know through discovery channel :!:
the first specimen came to europe in the 1970s...actually as by-catch with ornamental fish from amazon region.
at that time, there was no CITES, no export laws.
since that time european breeders (mainly from germany, netherlands and some in uk, US guys are also successful) were able to establish good and healthy populations of most of the species in captivity.
obtaining CITES for captive bread animals is no problem...with CITES the frogs can be trade legally.

wild exports were prohibited in the past 20 years by most of the south american countries...but recently they allow farm bred frogs to be sold and exported (e.g. Peru)

every year there are 3-4 huge reptile/amphibia shows/fairs, as big as 10 tennis courts, with hundreds of breeders of any kind of amphibia, lizards, snakes, other reptiles, tarantulas, ornamental bugs und stuff like that...germans are completely crazy about this :-). almost everything is available legally.
google pictures of "terraristika".
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

juanico wrote: no, this would be very expensive.
heating in the winter and AC 24/7 in summer.
they can not take temperature beyond 28 C for a longer period.

and maintaining good stock of live food consumes a lot of time...which i do not have
wojtek you broke my dream by saying this forget about expense on electricity i wish i can have electricity 24/7 (Damm power cuts) :x
I wish i can compliant directly to the guys working at power plants in india :lol: :lol:
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I have no problem of power cuts and I wish to have a terrarium of frogs. I can arrange all other stuff but what about frogs without help of Wojtek. Listen me Wojtek, I am interesting in buy 1-2 pairs of these frogs.

If you have ever visited in "terraristika", please upload some photographs of this event here.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

This a new segment of interest...sorry if I missed where your collection located...please let me know...I want see it directly...

Regarding "Terraristika" do you know any Legal Indian reptile or insect species that can be kept in captive...I have very few idea...
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

parthapratim22 wrote:This a new segment of interest...sorry if I missed where your collection located...please let me know...I want see it directly...

Regarding "Terraristika" do you know any Legal Indian reptile or insect species that can be kept in captive...I have very few idea...
The owner of frogs 'Wojtek' is from Germany and at present in Delhi. All of these frogs in Germany at his home.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

he came at your last meet, right???
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

parthapratim22 wrote:he came at your last meet, right???
He attended last two meets regularly and now regular member of our gang. :mrgreen: