poison dart frogs

Discuss and Post about pets other than aquatic.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: poison dart frogs

Unread post by juanico »

parthapratim22 wrote:This a new segment of interest...sorry if I missed where your collection located...please let me know...I want see it directly...

Regarding "Terraristika" do you know any Legal Indian reptile or insect species that can be kept in captive...I have very few idea...
sorry, as rajiv said. all those frogs are in germany, now living in a friends place.
i do not know indian laws and regulations, but i know, that in europe they successfully breed several indian species of calotes, draco, chamaeleo, eublepharis, geckoella, phelsuma, varanus and turtles...ond of course all the snakes, but i am not familiar with the species.

the good thing is, that back home "keeping" is not enough...everybody really tries hard to breed.
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

SCORPIO wrote:I have no problem of power cuts and I wish to have a terrarium of frogs. I can arrange all other stuff but what about frogs without help of Wojtek. Listen me Wojtek, I am interesting in buy 1-2 pairs of these frogs.

If you have ever visited in "terraristika", please upload some photographs of this event here.
it is illegal and impossible to bring them to india. they would not survive.
Last edited by juanico on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

:x :oops: :cry:
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

juanico wrote:
parthapratim22 wrote:This a new segment of interest...sorry if I missed where your collection located...please let me know...I want see it directly...

Regarding "Terraristika" do you know any Legal Indian reptile or insect species that can be kept in captive...I have very few idea...
sorry, as rajiv said. all those frogs are in germany, now living in a friends place.
i do not know indian laws and regulations, but i know, that in europe they successfully breed several indian species of calotes, draco, chamaeleo, eublepharis, geckoella, phelsuma, varanus and turtles...ond of course all the snakes, but i am not familiar with the species.

the good thing is, that back home "keeping" is not enough...everybody really tries hard to breed.
Thanks for the reply, but why dont you start something in India, with Indian species...as you are already expert in this field...
juanico wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:I have no problem of power cuts and I wish to have a terrarium of frogs. I can arrange all other stuff but what about frogs without help of Wojtek. Listen me Wojtek, I am interesting in buy 1-2 pairs of these frogs.

If you have ever visited in "terraristika", please upload some photographs of this event here.
if there would be a legal way, then i would get some for me as well. but it is impossible to bring them to india. they would not survive. unfortunately
I hardly know any of the species what you have mentioned here, but I am quite excited :shock: about your interest...
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Some colorful frogs are available in the forests of Western Ghats. As I remember have seen those in a program on Discovery channel. Don't know they are legal or not.

Chek following links for more information.

1. http://gururajakv.net/pdf/Lake2006_Amph ... 0Ghats.pdf

2. http://wgbis.ces.iisc.ernet.in/biodiver ... _index.htm
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

parthapratim22

Rajivji, start something with them, Mr Wojtek is there to help you...will be very exciting... :!: :!: :!:
parthapratim22

My network in damn slow cant see the PICs in the link, seen one PIC in the starting...very attractive...I am felling another kind of sickness :lol: :lol: :lol:
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

parthapratim22 wrote:My network in damn slow cant see the PICs in the link, seen one PIC in the starting...very attractive...I am felling another kind of sickness :lol: :lol: :lol:
Partha, I have take INSTANT decision to visit in Western Ghat jungles in summer vacations. :lol:

juanico

Unread post by juanico »

parthapratim22 wrote: Thanks for the reply, but why dont you start something in India, with Indian species...as you are already expert in this field...
western ghats are tropical, so for the animals there you have to maintain tropical conditions, which means again AC 24/7 april-november.
and breeding insects is very time consuming, which i simply do not have.

the climate in delhi is too cruel for all this.
Last edited by juanico on Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Wojtek they can't beat the frogs in colours,
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201