150 gallon reef tank in the making

Forum for discus about various Fish, Corals, Anemones, Invertebrates etc.
jack

Re: 150 gallon reef tank in the making

Unread post by jack »

WOW nice project going on... for the rocks what is it you are looking into ?
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I am waiting the execution of the plan. Once it setup, I would like to see this tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Nice start, would be closely following this.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sushant
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by aquascapist »

jack wrote:WOW nice project going on... for the rocks what is it you are looking into ?
Thanks! I will be using the established rocks from my current aquarium. I'm also going to use a marine pure block in a dedicated chamber in the sump. Currently looking into multiple ways to achieve the aquascape. Options are between using epoxy, drilling rocks and holding them with zip tie and inserting acrylic rods. The main challenge would be with drilling live rocks because the window between drilling them and scaping them would be at most 1 hr or so before things start dying on the rocks.
Warm Regards,
Aditya
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote:I am waiting the execution of the plan. Once it setup, I would like to see this tank.
Sir you are welcome to stop anytime!
Warm Regards,
Aditya
aquascapist
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Small update. Tank is ready. Finsihed with the plumbing on the drain . Left with return side. Things are moving slower than i want. grrr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Warm Regards,
Aditya
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: RE: Re: 150 gallon reef tank in the making

Unread post by Abhi »

aquascapist wrote:
jack wrote:WOW nice project going on... for the rocks what is it you are looking into ?
Thanks! I will be using the established rocks from my current aquarium. I'm also going to use a marine pure block in a dedicated chamber in the sump. Currently looking into multiple ways to achieve the aquascape. Options are between using epoxy, drilling rocks and holding them with zip tie and inserting acrylic rods. The main challenge would be with drilling live rocks because the window between drilling them and scaping them would be at most 1 hr or so before things start dying on the rocks.
With the marine pure block, keep a check on the aluminium levels. Have read mixed reviews about those especially if you plan to keep any sps.
Rest let me know when you have frags for sale :twisted: :twisted:

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
jack

Unread post by jack »

aquascapist wrote:
sorry for late reply.... missed out

1) why not mixture of artificial rocks and LR from your old setup ?

2) there are new rocks in market i forgot the name but are nice and can be used as nice aquascaping.. they are quite pricy though ... if you need any links do lemme know i shall get the contacts and other details... they are some german company
Abhi

Re: RE: Re: 150 gallon reef tank in the making

Unread post by Abhi »

jack wrote:
aquascapist wrote:
sorry for late reply.... missed out

1) why not mixture of artificial rocks and LR from your old setup ?

2) there are new rocks in market i forgot the name but are nice and can be used as nice aquascaping.. they are quite pricy though ... if you need any links do lemme know i shall get the contacts and other details... they are some german company
Talking about the ceramic stuff from Digitech ?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
jack

Unread post by jack »

?? Abhi ??