Algae Issue

Forum for discuss about marine algae.
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Gurgaon

Algae Issue

Unread postby Abhi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 am

Algae battle is the worst that can ruin any tank. Have an issue with hair algae, apart from Tangs (coz they will be big for my tank), and manual removal, are there are other good fishes available in the NCR region to get rid of this?


MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:03 am

Use RO DI water to get rid of any type of algae in marine tank.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Gurgaon

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby Abhi » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:16 am

SCORPIO wrote:Use RO DI water to get rid of any type of algae in marine tank.



Using the same, still the problem persists
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !

User avatar
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:16 pm
Location: Kerala
Contact:

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby Zakk » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:03 pm

I am no expert in SW tanks but if you cant post your water's readings it might help one of the members to assist you.

Details on the tenure of the tanks along with inhabitants would be helpful.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com

Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:28 am
Location: Gurgaon

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby Abhi » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:06 pm

Zakk wrote:I am no expert in SW tanks but if you cant post your water's readings it might help one of the members to assist you.

Details on the tenure of the tanks along with inhabitants would be helpful.



Parameters not monitored as of now, need to get new test kits. Just now upgraded the tank.

Salinity : 1.26
Lighting : 150w MH ( 6-7 hrs approx) rest of the time room lighting.
Tank : 4x1.5x1.5 feet
LR: approx 30-40kgs
Inhabitants :
1. Marine Betta
1. Ebli's Angelfish
1. Maroon Clown
1. Molly
1. Snail.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !

User avatar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10354
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:01 am
Location: Delhi, India
Contact:

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby SCORPIO » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 pm

Abhi wrote:
Zakk wrote:I am no expert in SW tanks but if you cant post your water's readings it might help one of the members to assist you.

Details on the tenure of the tanks along with inhabitants would be helpful.



Parameters not monitored as of now, need to get new test kits. Just now upgraded the tank.

Salinity : 1.26
Lighting : 150w MH ( 6-7 hrs approx) rest of the time room lighting.
Tank : 4x1.5x1.5 feet
LR: approx 30-40kgs
Inhabitants :
1. Marine Betta
1. Ebli's Angelfish
1. Maroon Clown
1. Molly
1. Snail.


What about water changing schedule?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda

Creep
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby Creep » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:34 am

Do some water changes...

You can also add rowa phos/ some phosphate remover to reduce phosphates.. Otherwise i would recommend the use of a prodibio system or a bio pellet system to help with the algae issues..

User avatar
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:38 am
Location: Delhi

Re: Algae Issue

Unread postby juanico » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:30 am

how long is your tank running already?
if it is just a few weeks old, do not worry, algae are normal and will disappear again.