Going on a vacation for 10 days... Will Weekend block be enough to feed the fish?

Discuss on feeding habits and requirements of various marine creatures.
shubham1401
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Going on a vacation for 10 days... Will Weekend block be enough to feed the fish?

Unread post by shubham1401 »

These are the specs of my 17.5G tank:
Fishes:
1 Gold Gourami (Mid size)
6 Black Skirt Tetra (fully grown)
6 Serpae Tetra.

There used to be 8 Serpae tetras but the last time I went on a vacation for 4 days, 2 were missing. Nothing was found! I guess the rest of the fishes ate them. I don't want anything like that to happen to any more of my fishes. So I bought weekend food block (Toyo brand) from the nearby LFS.

Will the fish be fine if I put 3-4 blocks in the tank? Or the blocks will dissolve too soon?

Additional Info:
2 Sponge filters.
100W heater set at 26c.

Help is deeply appreciated :)
sushant

Re: Going on a vacation for 10 days... Will Weekend block be enough to feed the fish?

Unread post by sushant »

As far as I know those blocks are good for nothing, and do more damage than good. For long vacations( more than a week) gets yourself an auto feeder.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
Sushant
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Going on a vacation for 10 days... Will Weekend block be enough to feed the fish?

Unread post by saikumar »

sushant wrote:As far as I know those blocks are good for nothing, and do more damage than good. For long vacations( more than a week) gets yourself an auto feeder.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
:1

use autofeeder, or ask neighbour or relative to feed.
jack

Unread post by jack »

blocks are big NO NO... waste of money and also change in water chemistry..

Better keep fishes on fasting or ask some1 to feed them...

Try getting live feeding a week or 2 prior so that they gain proper nutrition and you can go without food for a week ... but 10 days is quite more.. ask someone to feed them every 3-4 days ...

Auto feeder are best...
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D