Self Introduction.

Please announce about yourself here. This forum is for only new members of Aquapetz!
Sidrock
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by Sidrock »

Hello everybody,

I am Sid Sarvankar from Bombay (Mumbai).

I have a Bachelors degree in SW Engineering and a MS in CompSci (Duke, NC, USA). But, I took a wrong turn somewhere and am a manager at a Data Analytics firm in Bombay.:lol:

I have been keeping fish for about 3 years. Started out with a 50 Gal goldfish tank, then moved to Cichlids and then to "Monsters"

I currently have 5 running tanks and 1 empty one:
  • Tank 1: (~200 Gal): One Silver Arowana (24"+), Two Florida Gars (~20"), One Jaguar Cichlid (~13"), 3 Oscars (~13"), One P. endlicheri (~20"), One P. Ornatipinnis (~13") and one Giant Gourami (~13")

Tank 2: (90 Gal) Malawi Cichlids ~5"-6" (Two Nimbochromis Venustus, One Labidochromis Caeruleus, Five Cyrtocara moorii, One Aulonoclara sp.) + Polypterus (One P. Delhezi (8"), Four P. Endlicheri (~6"-7"), One P. Ornatipinnis (~8"))

Tank 3: (~50 Gal): One Jaguar Cichlid (~8") and 4 common plecos (between 6" and 10")

Tank 4: (20 Gal): Four Labidochromis Caeruleus (~3") and 1 YoYo loach (~3")

Tank 5: (15 Gal) Empty

Tank 6: (3 Gal/1ft Nano Tank): Apple Snails (WTS/WTE/WTG)
Next in Shopping list:------ (Some interesting CA/SA Cichlids, maybe a Stingray..But I am trying to sell two of the Oscars, the plecos and the Giant Gourami before buying any new fish. )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sid Sarvankar

Monster Fish Enthusiast
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Nice welcome buddy...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
jack

Unread post by jack »

hii everyone

Jaival Parikh, (M,22) form Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Did Hotel Management and worked in Hotel for a year. Now help dad in Decoration and Event Business and have my own catering business.

My hobby started with the love of dogs. but i am never allowed to keep dogs, fish or birds. As a kid i use to roam around in streets with packets of biscuits and feed dogs. I dont care for studies then, seeing this my father made an agreement to get me a fish tank if i study :P :lol: i studied well and got my first 2 feet tank, and like every new hobbyist i got few goldfish got bored and started to mix and match different fishes and experimented a lot of things. After many fish died my parents got angry and forced me to stop the hobby.

time being i stopped, then again i started my aquarium with a small oscar in 2 feet, as a kid who cares what is this. then introduced few guppies lol and then guppies vanished in few hours. then i got my hands on internet and realized plenty of the mistakes i made.... i felt sorry for the poor fish who got killed in my kiddish act but i was a kid then :mrgreen:

after school i went to college away from home and my driver was not free enough to keep the tank clean. then also i insisted him to take care. as i was back home in weekends. one night it got cracked from bottom my mom heard that and removed fish in bucket and few fish were killed.

before i forgot to mention my driver plays an important role in my hobby. he looks after every things when i am not in city and helps me with trimming and water change.

in college i stayed at my mothers uncles place, there i had no restrictions. as my uncle's son was already in to this hobby, he just knows to spend and never took care of the things he got. he have thick wallets so he has two persons solely appointed to take care of this 2 tanks and 3 dogs. slowly i got involved and got cichlids and one tank was dedicated to monster fish. 2 years i lived there with no restrections and got myself 3 bowls with different Bettas and a small tank dedicated to red eayered sliders. i got my training in US and there also got a bowl if betta. i came back to college and again got my turtles back and also got my first cockatail.

after college i sold all my stuff to fellow hobbyist in my college city and planed to start a new setup in home.

got my 1st 4 feet flower horn tank in my guest room with my dads big NO...... lol..... i kept that and after 6 months my uncles son who was in college city called that he was planning to stop his aquariums as the person who took care left. the next day i send my truck to that city and got my 5 footer to my home. my dad was MAD at me. the tank remained in my parking for few months and then finally i got my substrate and other stuff ready for the planted tank....this was the start of my planted tank

meanwhile i went to a touring, so have to keep the flowerhorn at a local fish shop, to my surprise he did not set in his shop and finally gave up his breath. i kept him for a year or soo.....

that tank lied empty for many days in my guest room and finally mom kept it on first floor. it has been lying empty and planning to set it up this feb with a Tang setup.

Soo right now 5 footer planted Hi-Tech aquarium

One 1.5 Foot shrimp tank ( started Few weeks back )

one empty 4 footer on first floor

and last my old school days cracked 2 foot which i am planning to repair and make it a shrimp tank.

the cockatiel i had flewed away from my home as i forgot to trim his wings lol.... got another cockatiel and he is in my house lives happily.....

this is my small story with lots of restrictions of my parents and help from driver

Thanks,
Jaival Parikh
www.milandecorators.in
jaivalparikh@yahoo.com
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Welcome Sid and Jaival
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Jaival and Sid, you are most welcome here.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

Nice to see Sid and Jai on here :)

Ps Jai and my self email each a lot offline as well :P
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Hi Guys,

Well dint think that i'll join this forum so late, good that rajiv highlighted it to me today.
Guys My name is Amol, I am into this hobby for now almost 4 years. Began my liking for fishkeeping when i was in Singapore (paradise for our hobby),after moving to India I entered into planted tanks, also had liking for CRS kept them for couple of years.
Here to share and gain the valuable knowledge from fellow hobbyist

Cheers!!!
Amol
---
Amol
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Welcome amol.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)